Funding brief: The Nordic Culture Fund supports projects that contribute to an innovative and dynamic artistic and cultural scene in the Nordic Region, one that is diverse, accessible and of high quality.
Donor Name: The Nordic Culture Fund
Funding name: No specific fund name
Deadline: Application deadlines in 2018 (Danish time, UTC + 1)
● 1st, Feb, 23:59
● 2nd, May, 23:59
● 1st, Oct, 23:59
Funding details link: https://www.nordiskkulturfond.org/en/project-funding-info/
● Projects must have an appropriate level of co-funding. This is a key criterion in the assessment of the level of support a project enjoys at national level. The higher the amount applied for, the more self-financing and funding from other sources the Fund expects. In practice, this means that only 50% of the total funding for a project may be from the Culture Fund and maximum 85% from the various Nordic funding bodies.
● You can apply for max. DKK 500,000 but please look at previous awards to gauge what constitutes a typical amount before applying.
● Voluntary work may form part of the self-funding component of the project. The application budget must quantify the scale of any voluntary work.
● Grants may be used for administrative and wage costs, as long as these are directly linked to the project.
Special Notes: Please contact with the donor directly for further clarification and understanding.
Project start date: Not found
Project duration: The maximum duration of the project is the calendar year in which the grant is awarded, plus two subsequent calendar years. The project must not start before you have been notified of the Fund’s decision.
Eligible organization: As below
● The Nordic Culture Fund supports art and culture projects involving different Nordic countries (Denmark, Finland, the Faroe Island, Greenland, Iceland, Norway, Sweden and the Aaland Island). To qualify for funding, projects must involve Nordic relevance and co-operation, and further the development of art and culture.
● Applications are accepted from individuals, groups, organizations, institutions, associations and companies. Applicants do not need to live in the Nordic Region or be Nordic citizens.
They provide wide-ranging support, but there are certain limitations. The Fund does not finance:
● Projects outside of the arts and culture, e.g. sporting events the production and distribution of products, if that is the sole or primary purpose of the project, e.g. music, film and television, computer games, book publishing and translations tours, if they are not part of a wider-ranging Nordic co-operation
● Internships and school trips
● Individual or group participation in events (only the event organizer may seek funding for this purpose)
● Institutions’ operating costs, and the construction and acquisition of technical equipment for operational use
● Ongoing or already completed projects
● Bilateral co-operation that does not have a broader Nordic content or target group
● They support projects outside the Nordic Region if they are deemed mutually beneficial for the organizer and Nordic stakeholders in the arts and culture.
● Active and competent international partners ought to contribute resources to the project, either financially or in kind. They also assess the Nordic relevance and level of interaction involved in the project. In addition, we assess the projects’ quality, planned follow-up activities, impact and level of general external interest.
● Grants are usually awarded for the event’s additional Nordic costs, e.g. travel expenses, fees and administration for workshops, performances, concerts, exhibitions, festivals, conferences, research projects, etc.
Eligible Country: No country bar found (Open to all regions)
Submission mail: Not found
Other important link:
● Apply: https://projekt.nordiskkulturfond.org/?language=en
● Form (Proposal): https://www.nordiskkulturfond.org/media/29648/application_eng.pdf
● About: https://www.nordiskkulturfond.org/en/about-the-fund/
● Good tips for your application: https://www.nordiskkulturfond.org/media/29657/gode-raad-til-din-ansoegning_uk.pdf
● Criteria and general terms and conditions 2017: https://www.nordiskkulturfond.org/media/29642/eng-kriterier-og-generelle-vilka-r-august-2017_.pdf
How to apply: Interested applicant may apply through the website (https://projekt.nordiskkulturfond.org/?language=en).
Visit all Funding opportunities: https://fundforbangladesh.wordpress.com/site-map/
Visit all funding categories: https://fundforbangladesh.wordpress.com/how-to/access-funding-short-cut/
Facebook page-Fund for Bangladesh