Funding brief: The Aurora Prize aims to recognize and support those who risk their life, health, freedom, reputation or livelihood in order to save and aid individuals that suffer as a result of today’s tragedies, especially man-conceived disasters and crimes against humanity.
Courage: The extent to which the Nominee’s actions demonstrate:
● Courage in helping others survive
● Going beyond the call of duty of professional obligations for the sake of helping others survive
Commitment: The extent to which the Nominee’s actions demonstrate:
● An explicit intention to help others survive
● A direct involvement in helping others survive
● Being motivated by altruistic intentions
Impact: The extent to which the Nominee’s actions demonstrate:
● An impact of saving lives on the
● Inspiration to others to save lives, directly or indirectly
● Saving lives of a large number of individual
Donor Name: Aurora Prize for Awakening Humanity
Funding name: Aurora Prize for Awakening Humanity
Deadline: 7th, September, 2018
Funding details link: https://auroraprize.com/en/prize/detail/nominatenow
Funding limit: The Laureate receives a grant of US$100,000, which may be paid in instalments, in line with the agreements concluded with the Laureate. The organization(s) designated by the Laureate and accepted by the Foundation receive an award of US$1,000,000, which may be paid in instalments, and must be used for capital or service projects, as will be specified in the relevant agreements concluded with the organization(s).
Special Notes: Please contact with the donor directly for further clarification and understanding.
Project start date: N//A
Project duration: N//A
Eligible organization: As below
Eligibility: The Nominees can be individuals or groups of people as long as they meet the following requirements:
● They are alive (the Aurora Prize is not given posthumously);
● They have not been awarded the Aurora Prize before as a Prize Laureate;
● They, when being a group of people, are not a formally established organization of any legal nature;
● They have never undertaken or participated in inhumane activities (including acts of war, genocide, any terrorist / extremist activity), do not hold and / or publicly declare any extremist views, have never been found guilty of committing violent crimes;
● They do not negate crimes committed against humanity through the history of mankind (including the Holocaust, the Armenian Genocide and other massacres).
Eligible Country: No country bar found (Open to all regions)
Submission mail: Not found
Other important link:
● Apply: https://auroraprize.com/en/prize/detail/nominatenow
● Guideline: https://auroraprize.com/en/prize/detail/terms
● FAQ: https://auroraprize.com/en/prize/detail/faq
How to apply: Interested applicant may apply through the website (https://auroraprize.com/en/prize/detail/nominatenow).
Visit all Funding opportunities: https://fundforbangladesh.wordpress.com/site-map/
Visit all funding categories: https://fundforbangladesh.wordpress.com/how-to/access-funding-short-cut/
Facebook page-Fund for Bangladesh