Donor Name: The Common Fund for Commodities
Funding name: The Common Fund for Commodities (11th open call for proposals)
Funding brief: The Common Fund for Commodities provides financing to organizations and enterprises engaged in commodity value chains in its member countries. Through a range of financial instruments, the CFC seeks to support business activities in the field of commodity development, including agriculture, minerals and metals in Developing Countries. The intervention should, besides giving a sound financial return, also provide for a measurable social and environmental return.
CFC supports activities which promote the contribution of the commodity sector to sustainable development of CFC member countries in the following aspects:
● Social: Create employment (particularly for youth and women), provide sustained increase in household incomes, reduce poverty, and enhance food security.
● Economic: Enhance production and productivity, achieve higher local value addition; improve competitiveness of producers, producer organizations and small and medium sized industries, support the financial sector development.
● Environmental: Enhance production taking into account the environment and its long term possibilities for the same, or increased use of
Deadline: All interested parties are kindly invited to submit qualifying proposals no later than 31 October 2017.
Funding details link: http://common-fund.org/call-for-proposals/
Funding limit: CFC financing can be provided in either USD or EUR. Depending on the form of financing required for the project.
● Term loan: The loan amount is not less than USD 300,000 and not more than USD 1,500,000 (or EUR equivalent).
● Equity: The equity amount is not less than USD 300,000 and not more than USD 1,500,000 (or EUR equivalent).
● Fast track: The amount is not less than USD 50,000 and not more than USD 120,000 (or EUR equivalent.
● The amount of finance requested from CFC should not exceed 50% of the total amount required to execute the project. The balancing amount of co-financing is to be provided by the applicant and/or by other co-financiers. Such co-financing should be relative to the new funding requirement for the (investment) project. Sunk cost are not eligible to be considered as a financial contribution.
● A thorough assessment of the co-financing available will form part of CFC’s final due diligence verification.
Special Notes: Please contact with the donor directly for further clarification and understanding.
Project start date: N/A
● Term loan: loan period up to 7 years with maximum 2 year grace period;
● Equity: Not found|
● Fast track: The term of the loan should normally be 3 to 5 year duration. In an exceptional case, reasons the same to be provided by proponents at the proposal submission stage, may be extended but should not exceed 7 years;
Eligible organization: As below
Eligibility: All legal public and private entities are eligible to apply under this Call for Proposals, provided they:
● operate in commodity value chains in CFC member countries or provide financial services to micro, small and medium sized businesses operating in these value chains,
● have a proven relevant track record of sound financial operations in their current and / or proposed activities over a period of at least 3 years, which can be documented by means of (audited) financial statements, and
● share CFC’s values, including internationally recognized principles concerning human rights, labor, the environment and anti-corruption as reflected in the United Nations Global Compact.
Eligible Country: All legal public and private entities are eligible to apply under this Call for Proposals, provided they operate in commodity value chains in CFC member countries (http://common-fund.org/about-us/members-states/ ) or provide financial services to micro, small and medium sized businesses operating in these value chains,
Submission mail: email@example.com
Other important link:
● Guideline: http://common-fund.org/fileadmin/user_upload/Call_for_Proposals/11th_Call/11th_Call_for_proposals.pdf
● Instruction: http://common-fund.org/fileadmin/user_upload/Call_for_Proposals/11th_Call/Instructions_for_completing_11th_Call_for_Proposals.pdf
● Budget format: http://common-fund.org/fileadmin/user_upload/Call_for_Proposals/11th_Call/Balance_Sheet__and_Income_Statement.xlsx
● CFC member countries: http://common-fund.org/about-us/members-states/
How to apply:
● Please submit the completed application form and any supplementary Documents to firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail addressed to the Managing Director, Common Fund for Commodities, P.O. Box 74656, 1070 BR, Amsterdam, The Netherlands.
Visit all Funding opportunities: https://fundforbangladesh.wordpress.com/site-map/
Facebook page-Fund for Bangladesh