Funding brief: The German Embassy supports NGOs, local communities and religious institutions in Bangladesh with funds of up to 14,000 Euros for each project that has a direct and concrete impact for the beneficiaries. The projects should in particular satisfy the basic needs of the poor and disadvantaged groups of society.
In recent years the Embassy financed for example the extension or repair of school buildings, the construction of a building for vocational training, solar energy panels for schools, the medical equipment for a centre of handicapped children or the construction of small bridges.
It is important that the implementing agency is an experienced, qualified and reliable organization and is in a position to finance the running costs for the project, like the salary for trainers, regular rental, accessory or maintenance charges, etc.
Organizations have to have the capacity and willingness to ensure sustainability of the whole measure for at least two years after completion of the project. Some areas in which small scale projects have been financed in recent years are listed below to illustrate the scope of possibilities (this enumeration is non exhaustive):
● Water and sanitation facilities for the hard to reach people and locations;
● Expansion of Computer lab facilities for visually impaired students;
● Extension or repair of school buildings;
● Construction of a building for vocational training;
● Equipping of a school building with solar energy panels with a view to use the facility during evening hours for adult training;
● Providing equipment and vocational training for women;
● Purchase of medical equipment for a centre for children with disabilities;
● Improvement of medical facilities for acid-burn survivors;
● Renovation of religious temples of religious minorities.
Objective: Under this scheme swift and direct financial assistance can be provided to NGOs, local communities and religious institutions for the implementation of a small project for the benefit of disadvantaged groups of society.
Donor Name: German Embassy, Dhaka
Funding name: Small-Scale Projects for Development and Cooperation
Deadline: Funding application for 2018 is open now until 31st, December, 2017.
Funding details link: http://www.dhaka.diplo.de/Vertretung/dhaka/en/07/03Small-Scale-Projects.html
Funding limit: For each small-scale project up to 14,000.- Euro (approximately 1,200,000.- Taka – subject to fluctuations in the currency exchange rate) can be provided.
Special Notes: Please contact with the donor directly for further clarification and understanding.
Project start date: Not found
Project duration: Not found
Eligible organization: As below
● The German Embassy supports NGOs, local communities and religious institutions in Bangladesh.
Eligible Country: Bangladesh
Submission mail: Not found
Other important link:
● Guideline: http://www.dhaka.diplo.de/contentblob/5136892/Daten/7873091/Applicationguidlines.pdf
● Form: http://www.dhaka.diplo.de/contentblob/5136890/Daten/7873089/Applicationforsmallscaleproject.doc
How to apply: Interested applicant may apply to the To the Embassy of the Federal Republic of Germany, Dhaka.
Visit all Funding opportunities: https://fundforbangladesh.wordpress.com/site-map/
Facebook page-Fund for Bangladesh