Funding brief: The 2nd C40 Women4Climate Tech Challenge will select women-led innovative tech solution for climate with a measurable impact to experiment them in C40 cities.
C40 cities joining the Tech Challenge commit to pilot the winning solution and contribute to the selection by participating in the expert jury panel, which will select the finalists, as well as in the mayoral and city official jury panel, which will select the winners.
Innovators, entrepreneurs and startupers selected to be finalists and winners will be eligible to receive financial or technical support from C40 and their partners, plus acceleration or implementation in C40 Cities. C40 support will be custom-designed for each solution, depending on the project’s level of maturity and the needs: acceleration; incubation; residence within the city; urban space for experimentation; co-design of experimentations on citizens/users.
Thematic Focus: Healthy Public Buildings And Household For Healthy Citizens
The cities committed to pilot the winning innovative solutions are interested in the following thematic areas:
● Adaptation and risk cities response
● Healthy public buildings
● Green and healthier streets
For more information on each thematic focus and the issues they hope to solve, see the “Call for Applications” guidelines available for download from the sidebar on the right of this page.
● After a successful first edition in Paris and Tel Aviv-Yafo, the 2019-20 Tech Challenge has expanded to even more C40 cities.
Los Angeles will consider applications for ‘Healthy Public Buildings’
Lisbon will consider applications for ‘Healthy Public Buildings’ and ‘Green & Healthier Streets’
Stockholm will consider applications for ‘Green & Healthier Streets’
Tel Aviv-Yafo will consider applications for ‘Adaptation & Risk Cities Response’ and ‘Green & Healthier Streets’
Typology of projects:
● The nature of the proposed solutions themselves is open. Tech project can be at the prototype stage or have been already launched. Nature-based, ecosystem service or green infrastructure solutions are encouraged to apply.
● Priority will be given to applications with measurable impacts in terms of CO2 emissions reduction.
● The cities committed to pilot the winning innovative solutions will consider applications for the following thematic areas:
Adaptation and risk cities response
Healthy public buildings
Green & healthier streets
Donor Name: Women4Climate
Funding name: Tech Challenge 2020
Deadline: The deadline for applications is January, 31st, 2020, 11pm GMT.
Funding details link: Click to view
Funding limit: To increase the climate impact of the winners of the Tech Challenge C40 has secured $40,000 in funding to be split amongst the winners and used to support their experimental phase. The support provided will need to comply with C40’s requirements as a 501(c)3 public charity, in that respect C40 will work with the winners to determine how utilize the funds for the purpose of the experimentation.
Special Notes: Please contact with the donor directly for further clarification and understanding.
Project start date: Not found
Project duration: Not found
Eligible organization: As below
● The contest is open to all adult women, including but not limited to students, innovators and professionals. However, the Women4Climate initiative will give preference to women who don’t already have access to funding, active networks or relationships with city officials.
● To be eligible your project has to be a women-led project. While they understand teams might be mixed, the woman applying, will need to be, if not founder or CEO, playing a leading role.
● C40 uses an inclusive definition of “woman” and “female”. Transwomen, genderqueer women, and non-binary people who identify, have identified, or have been identified as female or woman are welcome to apply.
● Applicants can apply from anywhere in the world as their solutions can be piloted in any city, but please note that cities will only select one winner project to be piloted in their city.
In general, the applications will be evaluated against two criteria:
● Remarkableness, originality (or improvement upon an existing idea), and potential of the solution in terms of innovation and climate change.
● Interest from a participating city and opportunity with a proven track record of impact in tackling climate change in cities and/or bold visions for future projects that will have a major impact on climate change in cities.
Eligible Country: No country bar found (Open to all regions)
Submission mail: Not found
How to apply: Interested applicant may apply through the website (Click to view).
Facebook page-Fund for Bangladesh