Funding brief: CSOs have enhanced capacity to promote women’s leadership and accelerate localization of Disaster Risk Reduction and resilience building, and promoting gender mainstreaming in DRR processes at national and international levels.
● Build capacity of 63 local and national level women led organizations on Governance and Accountability, Safeguarding and Protection, Networking and Leadership Capacity, Advocacy and Negotiations, National, Regional and Global perspectives on DRR, CCA and HA.
● Facilitate a dialogue between different stakeholder groups on the opportunities and challenges of women’s leadership and localization of Disaster Risk Reduction and resilience building
● Organize peer learning, exchange visits, and facilitate CSO representative participation in national, regional and global events to showcase best practices and do advocacy for gender mainstreaming in DRR, CCA, and HA.
Result indicator and targets:
● No of participants from women led organizations in capacity enhancement training
● No of dialogues organized between different stakeholder groups to promote women’s leadership in Disaster Risk Reduction and resilience building
● No of women-led CSOs participate national/international DRR and climate change events
Reference Number: 61785
Donor Name: UN Women Bangladesh Office – BANGLADESH
Funding name: No specific fund name
Deadline: Proposal must be received by UNWOMEN at the address specified not later than (time) 23.59 Dhaka Time on 20th, December, 2019.
Funding details link: Click to view
Funding limit: Not found
Special Notes: Please contact with the donor directly for further clarification and understanding.
Project start date: 29th, January, 2020
Project duration: 5 January 2020 to 31 December 2020
Note: Please contact with the donor directly in the case of any confusion regarding project duration.
Eligible organization: As below
● Technical/functional competencies required
Proven technical competencies in implementing programmes on disaster risk reduction, climate change, gender equality and women’s empowerment; and in formulating result oriented programme, monitoring programme based on indicators and quality reporting.
Demonstrated organizational experiences in building partnerships with women led organisations, CSOs, government agencies and other non-traditional partners.
Demonstrates commitment to working with women and girls that are economically, politically, socially, culturally, or otherwise excluded, marginalized, and/or disempowered.
● Other competencies, which while not required, can be an asset for the performance of services
Tested approach on Rights-based approaches to advance women’s economic and political empowerment and ensuring the voices and needs of women as rights-holders
● Operational competencies required for the performance of services
Demonstrated track record of supporting UN and I/NGOs
Organizational profile having adequate permanent human resources and other office equipment and logistic support
Financial Capability should be shown as financial turnover supported by a registered audit firm for the last three years
Eligible Country: Bangladesh
Submission mail: BCO.email@example.com
Other important link:
● Guideline: Click to view
How to apply: Effective with the release of this CFP, all communications must be directed only to BCO.firstname.lastname@example.org through email. Proponents must not communicate with any other personnel of UNWOMEN regarding this CFP.
CFP forms to be returned (mandatory):
● Annex 1: Call for proposal template
● Annex 2: Mandatory requirements/pre-qualification criteria
● Annex 3 : Format for Resumes of proposed team members
● Annex 4 : Capacity Assessment Document Checklist
Language of proposal
● The proposal prepared by the proponent and all correspondence and documents relating to the proposal exchanged between the proponent and UNWOMEN, shall be written in English.
● Supporting documents and printed literature furnished by the proponent may be in another language provided they are accompanied by an appropriate translation of all relevant passages in English. In any such case, for interpretation of the proposal, the translation shall prevail. The sole responsibility for translation and the accuracy thereof shall rest with the proponent.
● The email subject line and corresponding attachments should read: UN WOMEN BANGLADESH/DRR-CC-HA/ 2019 /005_ (Name of Proponent) _PROPOSAL.
● In case of high volume of documents, proponents may send more than 1 email as each email cannot exceed 10 MB. The hard copies should be sent by sealed envelope to: Procurement Section, UN Women Bangladesh Country Office, House-39, Road-43, Gulshan-2, Dhaka-1212. The envelope should be clearly marked with: UN WOMEN BANGLADESH/DRR-CC-HA/ 2019 /005_ (Name of Proponent) _PROPOSAL
Facebook page-Fund for Bangladesh