Funding brief: Girls will change the world through technology.
Girls are curious, creative, and determined. Technovation Girls gives them the courage and tools to explore their ideas.
Girls will learn to build a mobile app, how to market it, and can submit it to our global competition.
Technovation Girls is a free technology-based program for girls ages 10 – 18.
Working in teams (of 1 to 5), girls find a problem in their community and build a mobile app to help solve it. Along the way, they develop their collaboration, problem-solving, and leadership skills.
Technovation Girls will take 30+ hours to complete (they recommend allocated about 12 weeks to finish) and is completely free
As a Technovation Girl, your team will-
● Identify a problem in your community
● Learn to code and create an app to solve that problem with support from your mentor – you don’t need to know how to code to participate!
● If you are between the ages of 10 and 18 by August 1, 2020 you can submit your idea to our global competition
Donor Name: Technovation or Iridescent
Funding name: Technovation Girls Programme
● Registration Deadline: March, 16th, 2020
The last day to formally register a team. They recommend starting to work on your project in January.
● Submission Deadline: April, 20th, 2020 at 19:00 UTC
Funding details link: Click to view
Funding limit: Technovation Girls guides and encourages students in becoming technology entrepreneurs. Just like in the real world, a high level of technical expertise is not required, but some understanding of the technology being created and proposed is important.
Upon finishing Technovation Girls, students should have an understanding of some basic computer programming principles and will have created a functional mobile app prototype via an app building.
Special Notes: Please contact with the donor directly for further clarification and understanding.
Project start date: Not found
Project duration: Not found
Eligible organization: As below
● Any girl or young woman (ages 10-18) interested in Technovation Girls is eligible to compete.
● To join their competition, a girl must create or join a team on our online platform, have a parent/guardian sign the consent form and meet the following Student Participation criteria:
All students must be between the ages of 10 to 18 as of August 1, 2020.
All students must identify as female. No males can enter the competition.
Teams are composed of 1 to 5 students. Students can only join 1 team.
Competition Divisions are based on the age of the oldest student on the team.
Students can participate in Technovation Girls for multiple seasons until they reach the age of 18
Students can work with the same team members and mentors, but they cannot submit the materials to competition over multiple years.
Teams can explore the same problem, but the app prototype must be different each year.
Technovation Girls is a self-select program and there is no application/selection process.
Eligible Country: No country bar found (Open to all regions)
Submission mail: Not found
How to apply: Interested applicant may apply through the website (Register (Click to view) and Log-in (Click to view)).Visit all Funding opportunities: Click to view
Visit all funding categories: Click to view
Facebook page-Fund for Bangladesh