Funding brief: SDGs&Her is an online competition for women entrepreneurs to showcase how they are supporting the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) through their business operations.
The objectives of the initiative are to:
● Recognize women implementing the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), including women business owners of microenterprises;
● Increase knowledge about the SDGs and their potential impacts on women among non-traditional audiences; and
● Collaborate with private sector partners on all SDGs, but SDG5 in particular; to share best practices and innovative ideas.
● The first ever SDGs&Her competition in 2018 attracted over 1,200 contenders through an online competition platform from 88 countries.
Donor Name: World Bank Group
Funding name: SDGs & Her Competition
Deadline: The deadline for the competition will close on January, 10th, 2020.
Funding limit: The top winners will be recognized in April 2020 at an event on the margins of the 2020 World Bank Group-IMF Spring Meetings in Washington D.C. The stories of the winning women entrepreneur (and many other notable entries) will be shared through partners’ social media and websites.
Special Notes: Please contact with the donor directly for further clarification and understanding.
Project start date: N/A
Project duration: N/A
Eligible organization: As below
Eligibility: To be eligible you must:
● Be a woman owner of a business that has been in operation for at least 3 years
● Own a micro-enterprise, with at least 1 and no more than 9 employees
● Have a loan eligibility of under USD $10,000 or annual sales of under USD $100,000
● Own a small-enterprise, with at least 10 and no more than 49 employees
● Have a loan eligibility of under USD $100,000 or annual sales of under USD $3,000,000
Eligible Country: The 2019 contest attracted over 1,200 entries from all regions of the world: Sub-Saharan Africa, Latin America and the Caribbean, South Asia, the Middle East and North Arica, Europe and Central Asia, and East Asia and the Pacific.
Submission mail: Not found
How to apply: Applicants complete a short online template, describing their work and linking their initiative/product to 1 or more SDGs.Visit all Funding opportunities: Click to view
Visit all funding categories: Click to view
Facebook page-Fund for Bangladesh