Funding brief: The SET initiative invites start-ups around the world to present their business ideas.
The international ‘Start Up Energy Transition’ (SET) initiative invites young and innovative companies around the world to apply for the SET Award 2020. The fourth round of the award for business ideas in the energy transition and climate protection was launched at a kickoff event in Stockholm, Sweden. Applications are welcome until to 15 January 2020 at www.startup-energy-transition.com. Over the past three years, over 1300 start-ups from 88 countries have taken part.
The award is an initiative of the German Energy Agency (dena) in cooperation with the World Energy Council. The event in Stockholm was organised in cooperation with the German-Swedish Chamber of Commerce and the Swedish Energy Agency (Energimyndigheten). In the current round, the award is supported by the partner country Sweden and the German Federal Ministry for Economic Affairs and Energy.
Applications can be submitted in five different categories:
1. Renewable Energies & Materials,
2. Digital Energy Systems,
3. Energy Efficiency Solutions,
4. Smart Mobility,
5. Special Prize: Quality Access & SDG-7.
Donor Name: German Energy Agency (dena), World Energy Council (WEC), Start Up Energy Transition (SET)
Funding name: SET Award 2020: Call for applications for top innovators in the energy transition
Deadline: Applications are welcome until to 15th, January, 2020 at 11:59pm (GMT-10).
Funding details link: Click to view
Perks & Prizes
● No matter how far you go into the SET process, there is always a value-added for your start-up. Many of our start-ups have gone on to gain new investors, mentors and customers, received invitations to energy events around the world and won even more awards and recognition for their inspiring work.
● For all Participants: join the global platform of innovation leaders; see your views represented in the Energy Innovators Issues Monitor; Inform and influence policies that will boost innovation.
● For the #SET100 2020: the Top 100-ranked applicants will be featured in our annual publication which is circulated to investors, corporates and political stakeholders across the globe. The Top 100 also receive a free ticket to the SET Tech Festival 2020.
● For all Finalists: return-flight to Berlin, and accommodation for 2 representatives of the start-up to attend the Tech Festival; Pitch coaching; Meet-and-greet with high-level jury, Individual booth at Tech Festival; Live pitches at Tech Festival; Investor-matchmaking; Tickets to the Berlin Energy Transition Dialogue (BETD); Content creation: interviews and branding in all communication material.
● Winners of each category: up to 10.000 Euros prize money; Participation on the winners’ panel at the Berlin Energy Transition Dialogue (BETD); Profile of start-up celebrated across the World Energy Council’ s global energy network in 99 countries. In addition, start-ups will have the opportunity to attend the World Energy Leaders’ Summits.
Special Notes: Please contact with the donor directly for further clarification and understanding.
Project start date: N/A
Project duration: N/A
Eligible organization: As below
● Applicants may only apply to one category. All subsequent applications to other categories will be disqualified. This also applies to the Special Prize: Quality Access & SDG-7.
● The start-up must not have been founded longer than ten years ago. In other words, the date of foundation cannot exceed 2009.
● The application, including any attached documents, must be in English.
● The start-up must be able to present a functioning prototype. In addition, the applicant must be able to present a legal framework, proof of concept or a client, and/or an industrial/corporate/institutional partner.
● The applicant must fill out the entire form. Partially completed applications will not be accepted.
● National and international companies that contribute to the success of the energy transition with their products can apply for the ‘Start Up Energy Transition Award’ (‘SET Award’). The company must have been founded no more than 10 years beforehand. The object of the application must be an already implemented project, manufactured product, or existing prototype. It is not possible to apply with just an idea for which no concrete steps have been taken. The founding of a company and the development of a business plan are not sufficient in and of themselves. Participation in other start-up initiatives or competitions is possible.
Eligible Country: No Country Bar Found (Open to all regions)
Submission mail: Not found
How to apply: Interested applicant may apply through the website (Click to view).
The application documents must be submitted via an online tool in English. All fields on the application form must be filled in with the corresponding information in complete sentences or bullet points and in English. References to attachments (e.g. ‘see website’ or ‘see attached documents’) or ‘no statement’ are not permitted and will not be considered. Please note the maximum number of characters in each instance. These fields must be filled in as concisely and comprehensibly as possible, taking into account the limited number of characters. The application will not be considered complete if the following information and documents are not submitted:
● Completely filled out application form (Partially completed applications will not be accepted).
● High-resolution company logo (300 dpi) as a .jpg or .png file for publication on the SET website and in the competition documents.
● All attached documents and pitch decks must be in English.
● The applicant must be able to present a legal framework, proof of concept or a client, and/or an industrial/corporate/institutional partner.
● Only complete applications received before the deadline will be considered. By submitting an application, the applicant accepts these conditions for participation.
Photos, videos, brief descriptions (final documents)
● If the application reaches the final round, the applicant will provide additional information on the company and the project (such as photos, brief descriptions, brief videos) on request of dena within seven business days (Monday -Sat.) for public relations work in connection with the SET Award 2020 (namely on the SET homepage, Twitter, Facebook, Set Award flyers). Paragraph 12 will also apply to these documents.Visit all Funding opportunities: Click to view
Visit all funding categories: Click to view
Facebook page-Fund for Bangladesh