Funding brief: The Open Doors: Russian Scholarship Project (hereinafter referred to as ‘the Olympiad’) is organized by the Association of Global Universities for prospective Master’s students. The Olympiad is organized by The Association of Global Universities, in collaboration with the Ministry of Education and Science of the Russian Federation and the Federal Agency for the Commonwealth of Independent States Affairs, Compatriots Living Abroad, and International Humanitarian Cooperation (Rossotrudichestvo).
The competition is aimed at talented foreign students who would like to enroll in a Master’s programme in Russia for free.
The winners of the Open Doors are granted a free early admission at any Russian university, without entrance examinations and with tuition fees covered by the Russian Federation.
The competition winners will be able to enroll in the Master’s programme using a single window system, choosing any of 500 Russian universities, including 21 leading universities-participants of the 5-100 Project.
The language of instruction is English or Russian depending on the chosen Master’s programme and the university.
The competition is held online in two rounds: a portfolio competition followed by a problem-solving round.
Participation is open to graduates with a Bachelor or a Specialist degree from any university in the world (except Russian).
Donor Name: Association of Global Universities, Russian Govt.
Funding name: The Open Doors: Russian Scholarship Project (hereinafter referred to as ‘the Olympiad’)
● Deadline for portfolio submission-December, 18th, 2019
● The second (final) round of the Olympiad is held from January, 15th to January, 30th, 2020 in a proctored form in accordance with the schedule of the Olympiad.
Funding details link: Click to view
Funding limit: A tuition-free enrollment in a Master’s program run by a Russian university, the winners and prize-winners of the Olympiad
Special Notes: Please contact with the donor directly for further clarification and understanding.
Project start date: N//A
Project duration: N//A
Eligible organization: As below
● The competition is open to foreigners and stateless persons, including compatriots living abroad, having a degree or completing a Bachelor program in the year of the Olympiad. All participants are expected to agree to the processing of personal data
● Winners of the Olympiad, having a Bachelor degree or completing their Bachelor degree program in the year of the Olympiad are eligible to get a quota for enrolling in one of the Master’s programs included in the Olympiad subject areas in one of the higher education institutions of the Russian Federation. Prize-winners of the Olympiad receive the same right during the second stage of the distribution of quotas provided there are winners who have failed to submit required documents or refused their right to the quota. Upon receiving the quota, winners and prize-winners can choose a Master’s degree program, which is taught in English or Russian and admits foreign citizens
Eligible Country: No country bar found (Open to all regions-except Russia)
Submission mail: Not found
How to apply: Interested applicant may apply through the website (Click to view).
● After confirming your proficiency in English or Russian, you can study in that language. If you need to improve your Russian, you will be offered a Russian language preparatory course.
● The Olympiad is held online in two rounds, using an Open Doors electronic platform. The first (qualifying) round is a competition of portfolios, and the second (final) round is a problem solving challenge. The online (proctored) competition implies establishing the participant’s identity as well as checking the independence of his/her performance during the final round.
● Participants are requested to register online on the Olympiad website during the period from October 5, 2019 to December 18, 2019. To register, participants should click the “PARTICIPATE” button on the Olympiad website at http://www.globaluni.ru/. After registration, each participant gets access to his/her account.
● The final round of the Olympiad includes two types of assignments: – closed-ended questions, i.e. questions with options to choose from. The participant is given a certain number of points provided he/she gives the answer that is an absolute match with the answer key; – open-ended questions, i.e. questions in which possible answers are not suggested, or questions presuppose a more detailed answer.
Visit all Funding opportunities: Click to view
Visit all funding categories: Click to view
Facebook page-Fund for Bangladesh