Funding brief: The Green Fellowship invites recent university or college graduates and postgraduate students from across the world to join one its online cohort in 2020, to conduct original research, develop innovations, or implement action in collaboration with faculty at The Green Institute. In addition to their project, Fellows participate in career workshops, trainings, and a final online symposium to share their work. There is also possibility of a field trip. Fellow will receive certificates at the end of the fellowship. The best project will receive funding to amplify their work.
What they are looking for?
Purpose / passion
Show us your concern about your environment and help us understand why you want to help. What experiences have compelled you to apply? Vividly explain how you get motivated in the face of daunting challenges your environment is facing.
You must be currently undertaking a leadership role in an organization, company or association. Tell us how your leadership skill has salvaged unpleasant situations with a brief example. What are the leadership skills that you have that qualifies you for the fellowship application. Show us that you are constantly learning and improving on your field of specialization. Show us that you can attract manpower, money and other available resources to your organization.
They are looking for freshly baked ideas from the oven of originality and authenticity. Show us why your project ideas are new compared to what has been tried before.
To be interested in your solution, Green Institute must first understand why the issue your project will tackle is imperative. Explain to us the problem you want to solve and why it matters. On a global scale, why is this issue important?
Sustainability, Environmental Studies, Policy and Research, Advocacy, Software and Mobile Development, Entrepreneurship, Product Design, Creative Writing, New Media, Marketing, and ICT-based Innovations.
Donor Name: The Green Institute and The Green Campus Initiative
Funding name: No specific fund name
Deadline: The national selection process begins in September. Awards are announced in mid-January. They take applications all year-round. To be considered for early 2020 cohort, please apply by December 5th.
Funding details link: Click to view
Funding limit: Fellows receive in-kind resources, promotion and support for their projects. Stipends are available for select projects. Fellowships at The Green Institute lasts up to 6 months. Fellows must commit to completing their projects within this time period. English is the required language.
Special Notes: Please contact with the donor directly for further clarification and understanding.
Project start date: Not Found
Project duration: Not Found
Eligible organization: As below
Eligibility: In order to be eligible for the Green Initiative Fellowship, the applicant must be:
● Over 18 years old and must be a recent graduate or postgraduate student.
● Fluent in English and their indigenous language
● Commit a full 15 hour work week to our organization.
● Open to all countries
Criteria: Qualities sought in the selection of fellows include:
● Leadership & Resourcefulness
● Sound Academic record
● Communication skills
● Integrity and self-discipline
● Initiative and follow through
● Openness to new professional fields
● Ability to work in groups
● Interest in environmental sustainability and social change
Eligible Country: No Country Bar Found (Open to all regions)
Submission mail: Not found
How to apply: Interested applicant may apply through the website (Click to view).
Complete the application including:
● Your Personal Statement – What has convinced you to apply for the Green Fellowship? What do you hope to benefit from the fellowship?
● Your Project Statement – What is your plan for the 6-month period in regards to environmental sustainability. What opportunities and challenges are unique to your project?
● 2-3 Recommendations – Must be from your teacher, professor or lecturer and can be supplemented with letters from mentors, organisations, faith community and employers
● Deadline – The national selection process begins in September. Awards are announced in mid-January. They take applications all year-round. To be considered for early 2020 cohort, please apply by December 5th.Visit all Funding opportunities: Click to view
Visit all funding categories: Click to view
Facebook page-Fund for Bangladesh