Funding brief: The program is offered so that cultural properties outside Japan, the common heritage of human, be handed down to future generations.
Subjects of Grant
Contents of Projects
(1)Projects for the protection, preservation & restoration of cultural properties (i.e., fine arts or historical monuments) outside Japan, which are tangible, old and artistically or academically valuable, and ought to be handed down to future generations.
(2) Preliminary surveys immediately linked up with the projects as mentioned in 1(1) above
Donor Name: Sumitomo Foundation
Funding name: No specific fund name
Deadline: October, 1st, to November, 30th, 2019
Funding details link: Click to view
Funding limit: 35 million yen in total, with approx. 15 projects to be selected
Special Notes: Please contact with the donor directly for further clarification and understanding.
Project start date: March, 2020
Project duration: One year (March, 2020 through March, 2021)
Eligible organization: As below
Eligible Projects for Application:
(1) Projects for the protection, preservation & restoration of cultural properties (i.e., fine arts or historical monuments) outside Japan, which are tangible, old and artistically or academically valuable, and ought to be handed down to future generations.
(2) Preliminary surveys immediately linked up with the projects as mentioned in (1) above.
Qualification of Applicant:
(1) Applicant shall be the owner(s) or administrator(s) of the cultural properties or researcher(s), who will actually conduct preliminary surveys.
(2) The following are not eligible:
(ⅰ) Profit-making corporations,
(ⅱ) Individuals who own cultural properties for profit or whose cultural properties are for private use only.
Eligible Country: No Country Bar Found (Open to all regions-conditional (outside Japan))
Submission mail: Not found
How to apply: The Application Form dully filled in and signed shall be submitted together with other necessary documents by registered mail (Mailing Address: The Sumitomo Foundation, 1-12-16 Shibadaimon Minato-ku, Tokyo 105-0012 JAPAN, Phone: 81-3-5473-0161 Fax: 81-3-5473-8471 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org URL http://www.sumitomo.or.jp/e/).
● The Application and letter of recommendation shall be written in English and/or Japanese.
● The amount applied for shall be in Japanese yen or in U.S. Dollars. (The grant will be transmitted to your account either in Japanese yen or U.S. Dollars as applied for.)
● Application Documentation The following documentation shall be submitted by registered mail to The Sumitomo Foundation:
(1) The application form prescribed by The Sumitomo Foundation filled out by the applicant: ——One original copy
(2) A letter of recommendation regarding the proposed project and the cultural property to be preserved and/or restored in any format from a person of high academic standing: ——One original copy
(3) Color prints and digital images stored in CD-ROM that show the state of the cultural property or areas of the surveys: — Two or more copies (at least one overall and one close-up view)Visit all Funding opportunities: Click to view
Visit all funding categories: Click to view
Facebook page-Fund for Bangladesh