Funding brief: Salzburg Global Seminar is seeking mid-career professionals who have the aspiration and potential to be the next generation of senior leaders in mediating peace and promoting reconciliation.
Peace is key to ensuring Asia’s sustained development and prosperity as the world’s most populous region grows in global geopolitical and economic importance. But despite the region’s rich experience (positive and negative) in mediating peace and promoting reconciliation, the learning exchange between regional, local, and community-driven initiatives has so far been low.
Launching its first workshop on March 5-9, 2020, the Asia Peace Innovators Forum aims to shape long-term peace, stability, and regional cooperation in Asia by building a network of mid-career professionals working in different sectors and countries to exchange knowledge, community-driven approaches, and best practices.
Participants in the Forum will gather at Schloss Leopoldskron in Salzburg, Austria to exchange experience and innovation relevant to geopolitics, historical legacies, demographics and migration, climate change, and natural resource management. Fellows will identify lessons for success to be shared broadly via multiple media and will devise plans to seed new projects to advance peace and mitigate conflicts in the countries in which they work.
The Forum will encourage networking between Fellows participating in its first three workshops via an online platform and other collaboration opportunities, and the most promising and most actively engaged Fellows will be selected to take part in follow-up programs to be held in Asia in 2021 and 2022.
Donor Name: Salzburg Global Seminar
Funding name: Call for Applications: Asia Peace Innovators Forum
Deadline: The deadline for applications is October, 31st, 2019.
Funding details link: Click to view
Funding limit: For those selected to participate, all costs – program fee, materials, accommodation during the program, meals, and (economy-class) travel to and from the program – will be covered thanks to the generosity of The Nippon Foundation. Accommodation and meals will be provided on-site at Hotel Schloss Leopoldskron.
Special Notes: Please contact with the donor directly for further clarification and understanding.
Project start date: March 5th, 2020
Project duration: March 5th,-9th, 2020
Eligible organization: As below
Eligibility: Applicants should be active in promoting peace mediation and reconciliation in one of the following sectors:
● Civil society, including from religious institutions and philanthropic organizations;
● Local public and private sector institutions, including from municipal offices, local government, small businesses, and entrepreneurs;
● Media, including journalists, social media influencers, thought-leaders, and public intellectuals;
● Education, including teachers, school principals, technical and vocational skills providers, sports trainers, academics, and museum directors; and
● Arts and culture, including artists and cultural innovators, who serve as creative practitioners and designers across disciplines to harness the transformative power of the arts for inclusive societal change.
● Each country/regional grouping will include a cross-sectoral, gender-balanced mix of Fellows.
● Demonstrate a commitment to peace mediation and reconciliation in their home country or region;
● Show creativity in approach and openness to innovation, demonstrated through goal-oriented and action-oriented approaches, risk-taking, networking, and passion for their work;
● Demonstrate a commitment to building crosssectoral and cross-cultural collaborations, and openness to learn about and share new and different approaches;
● Be energetic and curious, unafraid to ask uncomfortable questions and able to motivate others to implement unconventional measures;
● Have a desire to become an active member of the Asia Peace Innovators Forum network and to commit time, energy, and resources to sustaining collaborations throughout the coming years;
● Be proficient in English, the working language of the Forum.
Eligible Country: One-fifth of the Fellows will be selected from each of the following geographies:
● South Thailand;
● Sri Lanka;
● Other countries in South Asia and East Asia; and
● The rest of the world.
Submission mail: Not found
● All applicants must submit the following information online using the registration form at: my.SalzburgGlobal.org/register-login
A 500-word personal statement explaining:
Your motivation for applying to the Asia Peace Innovators Forum;
A description of the biggest challenge currently facing you in your work;
What experience and skills you will contribute to the Asia Peace Innovators Forum network;
How your participation will impact your own contribution to the promotion of peace;
A brief bio;
A headshot photo;
A full CV/résumé.Visit all Funding opportunities: Click to view
Visit all funding categories: Click to view
Facebook page-Fund for Bangladesh