Funding brief: The Asia Pacific Forum on Women, Law and Development (APWLD) invites applications to participate in the 5th Asia Pacific “Women Leading, Women Organising (WLWO)” training in Penang, Malaysia from 14 – 18 December 2019.
Training Methods & Content
This participatory training will draw from the experiences and existing knowledge of the participants. It will focus on trade unionism in the context of globalisation, fundamentalism, militarism and the advancement of Feminist Development Justice. The sessions will seek to develop feminist leadership skill and political analysis in the workplace; feminist analysis of work; the decent work agenda; strategic corporate research; international human rights and labour standards, including the ILO convention on harassment and violence in the workplace; and organising and mobilising tools such as workplace mapping and mobilising speech.
Expectations and obligations of participants
● Pre-training (guidelines and materials will be provided by APWLD):
● Collate and submit national information and relevant laws, policies or case studies.
● Accomplish reading materials, as provided, prior to participating in the training.
● Actively participate and share knowledge, expertise and experiences, including making presentations, group work, mobilising speeches etc.
● Develop a personal action plan at the end of the training.
● Maintain regular contact with APWLD and other training participants to exchange lessons, experiences, practices and impacts that result from the training.
● Report to APWLD on the application of an action plan during the follow-up by APWLD.
Donor Name: Asia Pacific Forum on Women, Law and Development (APWLD)
Funding name: No specific fund name
Deadline: The application must be submitted no later than 31st, October, 2019.
Funding details link: Click to view
● APWLD will cover the full cost for the participation, including economy airfare; boarding and lodging during the training, applicable visa fees and airport/travel taxes. Other additional travel-related expenses must be informed by the participant to APWLD beforehand for approval.
● Participation in self-funding (full or partial) can also be considered.
Special Notes: Please contact with the donor directly for further clarification and understanding.
Project start date: 14th, December, 2019
Project duration: 14th – 18th, December. 2019
Eligible organization: As below
● Women delegates, labour organisers, trade union leaders (both registered and unregistered, informal unions or associations are eligible to apply)
● Engagement in trade union/s for a minimum of one year.
● Able to fully attend the training from 14-18 December 2019 in Penang, Malaysia
● Applications from unions/organisations who have participated in previous four WLWO training are also welcome (but must be different applicants).
Selection will be based on the following considerations
● Role of applicants in trade unions, need of the training and motivation to join the training.
● Balance in sub-regional representation (Asia and the Pacific) and labour sector representation.
● Preference may be given to individuals with recommendations from APWLD network.
● The participant group size will be limited to about 20 participants.
Eligible Country: No Country Bar Found (Open to all regions)
Submission mail: Not found
How to apply: Interested applicant may apply through the website (Click to view).
All applicants MUST submit:
● Completed Application Form;
● Updated Curriculum Vitae (not more than two pages long); and
● Endorsement/Recommendation letter from the organisation/trade union.
● The recommending trade union/organisation should certify that the applicant has worked in or aspire to be involved in leadership roles and decision-making positions within the organisation/trade union and is committed to applying the core learning points of the training in her future work.Visit all Funding opportunities: Click to view
Visit all funding categories: Click to view
Facebook page-Fund for Bangladesh