Funding brief: The United Nations provides support to organizations for persons with disabilities in their activities through the UN Voluntary Fund on Disability. Funding priority is targeted to building the capacity of non-governmental organizations to take part in the making of the Convention and its future implementation. The Fund also provide small grants to support catalytic and innovative action, which will promote greater awareness of disability issues and exchanges of knowledge and experience and promote wide dissemination of appropriate disability technologies.
Donor Name: United Nations (UN)
Funding name: United Nations Voluntary Fund on Disability
Deadline: Send your application between 1st, February and 31st, March of each year;
Funding details link: Click to view
Funding limit: Not Found
Special Notes: Please contact with the donor directly for further clarification and understanding.
Project start date: Not Found
Project duration: Not Found
Eligible organization: As below
What types of projects are eligible for assistance?
The Fund provides small grants to support catalytic and innovative activities that, among others:
● Promote greater awareness of the CRPD and disability issues;
● Support the implementation of the CRPD, including through the mainstreaming of disability in regional, national or local development agenda;
● Build capacity of stakeholders to improve livelihood and well-being of persons with disabilities in developing countries through implementation of the CRPD (stakeholders include organizations of persons with disabilities, their networks, other civil society organizations, Governments, private sector organizations, international development donors, etc);
● Relationship to national development strategies, policies and programmes, and the CRPD
● Foster exchange of knowledge and experience, as well as dissemination of inclusive and accessible policies and practices
● Other considerations include multi-stakeholder partnerships and multiple donors, gender inclusive, new and emerging disability issues, and replicability in other developing countries.
● As the UNVF is a small grants fund and resources are limited, priority is given to proposals seeking “seed-money” (as opposed to support for an organization’s general budget) to be used for projects involving catalytic and innovative actions and projects whose successes can be further replicated in other areas.
● Activities which are not eligible for funding include individual assistance, purchase of equipment (e.g. computers, cameras, assistive equipment and vehicles), construction of buildings, payment of rent or utilities, etc.
Eligible Country: No Country Bar Found (Open to all regions)
Submission mail: Not found
Other important link:
● Proposal Form (Form): Click to view
● Proposal Form (Budget): Click to view
● Summary cover page: Click to view
● No-objection letter (Sample): Click to view
● About: Click to view
● FAQ: Click to view
How to apply: Submit proposals via email, fax, or post (email submissions are preferred).
Secretariat for the Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities (SCRPD), Division for Social Policy and Development (DSPD), United Nations Department for Economic and Social Affairs (DESA), Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Facebook page-Fund for Bangladesh