Funding brief: The Keidanren Committee on Nature Conservation invites applications for ‘Keidanren Nature Conservation Fund (KNCF)’ to-a) provide assistance for nature conservation efforts implemented by NGO/NPO in developing countries, particularly in the Asia-Pacific region; b) provide assistance for nature conservation efforts and sustainable use of nature resources in Japan.
Projects Eligible for Grants: Projects meeting all of the following four conditions
● Projects carried out for the purpose of nature conservation in developing countries, particularly in the Asia-Pacific region. Priority is given to projects for preserving biodiversity.
● Projects expected to receive appropriate levels of cooperation from the host governmental agencies, related international organizations, non governmental organizations, and the local residents.
● Projects that do not serve the special interests of any specific corporation or individuals.
● Projects carried out by persons with sufficient scientific expertise, or with the advice and cooperation of persons having such expertise
Donor Name: Keidanren Committee on Nature Conservation
Funding name: Keidanren Nature Conservation Fund (KNCF)
Deadline: From 09:00 JST, October, 1st, (Tuesday), 2019 to 17:00 JST, December, 2nd, (Monday), 2019 Remark:* Japan Standard Time=JST(GMT+9hours)
Funding details link: Click to view
Funding limit: No standard funding amount is set. (The amount is decided based on the details of the project and the project budget plan.)
Special Notes: Please contact with the donor directly for further clarification and understanding.
Project start date: April, 1st, 2020
(1) Funding will be granted for one year, from April, 1st, 2020 to March, 31st, 2021. For multi-year projects, Interim Report has to be submitted by the deadline when the current project will be continued. The selection committee will decide to continue or not, depending on your activity result and outcomes.
(2) Funding of the same project is in principle limited to three years. (Funding will not be granted for four or more consecutive years.)
Eligible organization: As below
Eligibility: A group or organization meeting all of the following three conditions
● A group capable of making appropriate reports, as requested by the Fund, regarding progress of the funded project and its financial status including budgetary and results.
● A group with corporate status or a similar level of public trust.
● A group with a record of at least three years of carrying out nature conservation projects
Eligible Country: Developing countries, particularly in the Asia-Pacific region and in Japan;
Submission mail: Not found
Other important link:
● Apply: Click to view
● Guideline: Click to view and Annex (Click to view)
● Proposal Form (Form): Click to view
● About: Click to view
● FAQ: Click to view
● User Manual: Click to view
● Input Example: Click to view
How to apply: Interested applicant may apply through the website (Click to view).
Please refer to the Application Process (details) as annex Note; “KNCF.jp” will start the operation on October 1st, 2019 at 09:00 (Japan Standard Time).
● User Entry; User Entry from the following URL (https://kncf.jp/entry/top.html). After your information registered, automatic reply will inform your Log in ID, Password and your project number.
● Submit application; Login KNCF.jp with your ID and password, go into the fund management system and proceed to the registration. Please switch the tab and input necessary items on 5 screens. (application/Project Summary/Project Proposal/Requirement Check & Declaration)
After confirming the contents, please push the “submit your application” button.
● Submit your reference documents/materials (Optional); Submit your references through “upload documents/materials” MENU on KNCF.jp (We appreciate your effort to reduce papers using this function).Maximum data size is up to 25MB/file for your convenience
● Check the completion of your application; When your application is submitted successfully, you will receive the automatic reply E-mail noticing the completion of your submission (E-mail will be sent to the address entered as Contact Person on your Application Form). Submit your reference documents/materials (Optional);
Applicants can submit the reference materials to support your project and your organization information.
Please use “Upload documents/materials” MENU as much as possible when you send your documents as digital data (instead of papers !!). Maximum file size is 25MB. (Refer to User Manual P.35)
Applicants can post your documents/materials to Keidanren Committee on Nature Conservation if it is difficult to make digital data, such as books. Please note that KNCF will not return your references materials.
● Organization’s Information（e.g. Annual Reports, Financial Statements）
● Maps and Pictures of Project site/area
● Other materials （Presentation materials, Organizations’s newsletters, etc）Visit all Funding opportunities: Click to view
Visit all funding categories: Click to view
Facebook page-Fund for Bangladesh