Funding brief: Y+ is pleased to share the call for small grants application dedicated to YPLHIV led organizations. With an estimation of 1.7 million children (0-14), 1.6 million adolescents (10-19), and 3.5 million young people (15-24) living with HIV worldwide (UNAIDS 2019). The time to support and believe in youth leadership is NOW!
Despite the lack of appropriate support, they can’t deny that young people are leading the change in global HIV response as peer supporters, advocates or program managers – inspiring innovation and effectiveness. At Y+ they are on a mission to provide ethical empowerment, ensuring excellence in leadership, education, and engagement in spaces that impact our lives.
The Small Grants
Since 2017, Y+ has been providing small grants to YPLHIV country networks to implement specific programs and activities that aim to improve the quality of life of YPLHIV in their diversity. The small grants have allowed organizations and networks which are being led by YPLHIV to strengthen their operational capacity, implement advocacy initiatives on specific priority issues and build the capacity of emerging young leaders through mentorship programs.
Y + would like to support national or regional YPLHIV constituencies with a robust focus on organizational development, research, and advocacy on YPLHIV related priority issues including access to quality services and meaningful YPLHIV engagement in decision-making processes.
This initiative has been made successful by the Robert Carr Fund Grant supporting Youth consortium (Youth LEAD, Y+ Network, Y-PEER, and Youth RISE).
They remain committed to collaborate on projects, share existing resources, learn from each other’s work and strengthen the capacity of youth leaders working on various young key population issues.
Donor Name: yplusnetwork.org (Y+)
Funding name: Y+ Call for Applications : Small Grants
Deadline: 20th, October, 2019 no later than 23:59 Netherland time
Funding details link: Click to view
Funding limit: Based on eligibility and proposals, successful candidates will receive a maximum of ten thousand United States Dollars for 12 months fixed term.
Special Notes: Please contact with the donor directly for further clarification and understanding.
Project start date: Not Found
Project duration: 12 months fixed term
Eligible organization: As below
Eligibility: The proposal should be in line with the Y+ Strategic Plan 2019-2021 intervention area and focus on the following themes:
a) Network/Organizational development:
● Governance and Programmes management tools and/or policy development (Operational manual, strategic plan, etc.)
● Financial system strengthening
● Programmes implementation (core cost, activity etc.)
b) Advocacy based activities:
● Research and Evidence collection
– Existing YPLHIV led organization (registered or hosted)
– Having a board or executive committee
– Entirely led by YPLHIV up to 30 years old
– Recognized at local, national or regional level Based in the following regions: Middle East and North Africa, Latina America and Caribbean, Eastern Europe and Central Asia, Asia and Pacific.
Eligible Country: No Country Bar Found (Open to all regions)
Submission mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
How to apply: All the requested documents are to be send via email on email@example.com by 20 October 2019 no later than 23:59 Netherland time.
If your organization is interested, please send the following documents:
● Completed application form;
● Detailed budget in excel format;
● Registration certificate (letter) or a memorandum of understanding with the host organization;
● Recommendation letter from a recognized local, national or regional organization;
● Detailed minutes of the last board or executive committee meeting.
Facebook page-Fund for Bangladesh