Funding brief: Dining for Women is an educational giving circle: Members meet monthly, learn about featured and sustained grantees, and donate to DFW, allowing collectively to support grassroots international organizations empowering women and girls living in extreme poverty. They fund projects that foster good health, education, and economic self-sufficiency in developing countries. They are devoted to educating and inspiring individuals to make a difference and fight global poverty through the power of collective giving.
Dining for Women selects a featured grantee each month and promotes it throughout the month at chapter meetings, through mailings, social media and online communications. Grantees are assigned to be featured in a specific month based on issueqarea and geography.
● To maximize the educational opportunities for DFW members, during the course of a year, DFW will strive to fund projects that address the varied issues, needs, and geography of women and girls
● Projects funded will address one or more of the UN Sustainable Development Goals.
● Projects funded will create lasting change in the lives of the women and/or girls who are affected.
● Projects provide solutions that have been identified by the women and/or girls being served and must actively include their perspectives.
● Grantee must be able to demonstrate the direct impact of the project funded and demonstrate methods and ability to monitor and evaluate the project.
● Grantees are sustainable organizations with multiple funding sources.
Donor Name: Dining for Women
Funding name: No specific fund name
Deadline: Submit a Letter of Intent (online application below) from April 1st-24th for the April Cycle and October 1st -24th for the October Cycle. Online applications close at 11:45pm EST on the last day for both cycles.
Funding details link: Click to view
Funding limit: Ensure your project falls within our $35,000-$50,000 award limit.
Special Notes: Please contact with the donor directly for further clarification and understanding.
Project start date: Not Found
Project duration: Dining for Women makes grants of $35,000-50,000 that may be disbursed in one distribution or which may be taken in up to two equal distributions spanning a period of two years.
Eligible organization: As below
Eligibility: Grantees must:
● Support women and girls living in extreme poverty in developing countries (defined as living on $1.90 a day or less)
Address one or more of the following issues / needs:
● Education and vocational training
● Improved women and girls’ health:
● Physical health
● Emotional /Psychological Health
● Maternal Health
● Sexual and Reproductive Rights
● Economic empowerment
● Clean water, sanitation and healthy environment
● Improved food security, regenerative agriculture, and nutrition
● Human trafficking: prevention, rescue and reintegration
● Leadership training
● Advocacy for policies that promote gender equality, peace and security
Dining for Women does not fund:
● Organizations with political affiliations
● Consolidated funding activities
● Group trusts
● Organizations with religious affiliations
● Membership Campaigns
● Previously funded Featured organizations in our Featured Grants Program.
● Major building projects, land purchases, and large capital expenditures.
● US administrative expenses and US office expenses.
Eligible Country: No Country Bar Found (Open to all regions)
Submission mail: Not found
Facebook page-Fund for Bangladesh