Funding brief: The Beahrs Environmental Leadership Program (Beahrs ELP) at the University of California, Berkeley is a rigorous, unique learning experience that transforms mid-career environmental professionals into exceptional leaders.
Through exposure to innovative approaches and case studies, ELP participants develop the skills necessary to tackle dynamic and complex environmental issues.
This three-week intensive interdisciplinary training includes workshops taught by award-winning Berkeley faculty members from the College of Natural Resources, Haas School of Business, and School of Environmental Design, as well as the departments of Environmental Science, Policy, and Management and Agricultural and Resource Economics. In addition, the instructor team includes prominent experts in the areas of green finance, systems leadership, communications, project management, conflict resolution, and consensus building.
They shape powerful leaders by combining cutting-edge thinking with real-world approaches.
Donor Name: University of California, Berkeley
Funding name: The Beahrs Environmental Leadership Program (Beahrs ELP)
Deadline: They strongly encourage participants to submit their applications by the first or second review deadlines, as we cannot guarantee that there will be any remaining funds for those who apply after December 27, 2019. – The 2020 Beahrs ELP application has three scholarship review periods:
● The deadline for the first round of scholarship review is November, 27th, 2019.
● The deadline for the second round of scholarship review is December, 27th, 2019.
● The deadline for the final round of scholarship review is January, 27th, 2020. – Materials submitted after January 27, 2020 will be reviewed but will NOT be considered for scholarship.
Funding details link: Click to view
Funding limit: Upon completion, participants in the Beahrs ELP join an alumni network comprising of 702 members from over 114 countries
● The course fee is US$8,000. Participants are also responsible for their own travel arrangements and for covering approximately US$400 in additional meals and incidentals. Please also budget for a visa application fee (about $140), airport transportation ($40 average each way), and travel insurance if desired.
● You may apply for a partial scholarship through the same application as you would for the course. The Beahrs ELP is only able to offer partial scholarships that cover only a portion of the total cost of the program. Generally, our partial scholarships range between $1000 and $3000, and are offered based on a combination of merit and need, and availability of funds. Unfortunately, they cannot guarantee a scholarship to all participants or any specific amount. However, they do work very hard with each accepted applicant to find the necessary funds.
● In regards to financial support, we strongly recommend that all applicants to the program seek funding from both their organizations and outside sources before and alongside your application to the ELP, as funding can be a challenge for applicants. If you are selected as a candidate for the course, we will also try to work with you to apply for outside funding sources.
Special Notes: Please contact with the donor directly for further clarification and understanding.
Project start date: July, 18th
Project duration: July, 18th – August, 7th, 2020
Eligible organization: As below
Eligibility: Over the last nineteen years (2001-2019), the Beahrs ELP has graduated 704 leaders from over 110 countries. Participants come from a wide range of environmental and sustainable development agencies and organizations, local to global, who share in common the goal to better understand and support sustainable human-environment interactions.
● Proficiency in English to allow full participation in course discussions; – A resumé that demonstrates strong professional experience and leadership potential; – Affiliation with an institution concerned with environmental management/sustainable development.
Eligible Country: No Country Bar Found (Open to all regions)
Submission mail: email@example.com
How to apply: Interested applicant may apply through the website (Click to view).
● Signed reference letters must be submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org and must arrive no later than one week after the application deadline. Applications will be considered incomplete and ineligible without reference letters. Reference letters should detail both the applicant’s professional and leadership experience, and potential benefits of the ELP training and network to his/her organization. They require 2 letters of reference to review your application.
Facebook page-Fund for Bangladesh