Funding brief: Emerging Voices for Global Health (EV4GH) is an innovative multi-partner blended training program for young, promising and emerging health policy & systems researchers, decision makers and other health system actors with an interest to become influential global health voices and/or local change makers.
EV4GH coaches “Emerging Voices” to participate actively in international conferences where global health issues are addressed and to raise their voice in scientific and policy debates. The EV4GH program is managed by an internationally representative governance committee consisting of EV alumni elected by previous EV4GH participants and several invited (liaison) members from EV partner institutes.
What is the EV4GH training?
For both tracks, the full EV4GH 2020 venture consists of:
● E-coaching and distance learning in preparation of a face-to-face training (August – October 2020)
● Face-to-face training: scientific presentation, networking and communication skills coaching using innovative formats, and content training & field visit to the local health system facilities in Dubai, UAE (28 October – 6 November 2020)
● Young researchers (& other changemakers’) pre-conference (7 Novemeber 2020)
● Participation in the Sixth Global Symposium on Health Systems Research (Dubai, 8-12 November 2020)
● Wrap-up – focusing on Emerging ‘beyond Dubai’ (Dubai, 13 November 2020)
● Membership of EV4GH network and other thematic working groups of Health Systems Global
Donor Name: Institute of Tropical Medicine in Antwerp
Funding name: Emerging Voices for Global Health (EV4GH)
Deadline: Call for applications starts on 26th, September, 2019 and Deadline for submission on 6th, February, 2020.
Funding details link: Click to view
Funding limit: In case of a full scholarship the travel, accommodation and living expenses for the duration of the course is covered and participation in the Sixth Symposium on Health System Research will be covered.
● In case of partial scholarships, some of the above aspects will be covered on case to case basis.
● Please note scholarships shall prioritise LMIC participants. HIC participants from universities and research institutions from the ‘Global North’, if selected, are expected to raise their own funds to cover all costs of participation in the EV4GH program.
Special Notes: Please contact with the donor directly for further clarification and understanding.
Project start date: Not Found
Project duration: Not Found
Eligible organization: As below
● There will be two tracks for which participants can apply to be an EV 2020. While one track is reserved for researchers involved in health policy and systems research, the other track seeks to attract health professionals, activists, decision or policy-makers and/or other health systems actors.
● All applicants must have been born on or after 1 January 1980.
Who is eligible for track – 1?
Applicants must submit an abstract for the Sixth Symposium on Health System Research, Dubai and have at least two of the following:
● A Master’s degree in health or a health-related field
● Be enrolled in a doctoral-level programme in health or a health-related field
● At least two-year work or research experience in public health or development
● Experience and/or knowledge from working in LMICs
Who is eligible for track – 2?
Applicants must fulfil one of the following:
● Be involved in a decision-making, implementation or practitioner role within health services or systems
● Be a passionate voice for strengthening health systems within their local/national health systems in the role of activists, health journalists or patient advocates or otherwise involved in advancing health equity and social justice in their regions.
Eligible Country: EV4GH is open to all. Focus will be on applicants from the Global South especially LMICs, but candidates from the global north can also apply (they need to have relevant field experience in the global South, though, and work on health policy & systems research in the South).
Submission mail: Not found
How to apply: Interested applicant may apply through the website (Click to view).
Facebook page-Fund for Bangladesh