Funding brief: The APN invites proposals under the Collaborative Regional Research Programme (CRRP) and the Capacity Development Programme (CAPaBLE) for funding from September 2020. A limited amount of financial support is available for regional research and capacity development activities that fall within its areas of interest.
APN invites proposals under its Collaborative Regional Research Programme (CRRP) for funding from September 2020. A limited amount of financial support is available for regional research and capacity development activities that fall within its areas of interest.
Activities related to collaborative regional research programme that APN supports cover the following:
● Collaborative research on global change and sustainaility that, particularly, addresses gaps, analysis, synthesis and assessment work.
● Collaborative research that develops pathways and mechanisms to achieve sustainable development and develop adaptation strategies.
● Collaborative research that contributes to the evolving science-policy arena, including IPCC, IPBES, post-2015 Sustainable Development Goals, as well as ongoing and new global change and sustainability research programmes.
APN invites proposals under its Capacity Development Programme (CAPaBLE) for funding from September 2020. A limited amount of financial support is available for regional research and capacity development activities that fall within its areas of interest.
Activities related to the CAPaBLE programme cover the following:
● Capacity development activities that promote the following approaches related to one or more the five thematic areas of APN:
● Utilizing and strengthening existing capacity
● Creating opportunities to use/instil capacity
● Developing new capacity through innovative approaches
● Awareness raising and dissemination activities for policy- and decision-making communities, civil society and/or the general public.
● Science-policy interfacing in the context of the five thematic areas.
● Capacity development partnership activity that contribute to the capacity development components of the evolving global change arena, including IPCC, IPBES, post-2015 Sustainable Development goals, and ongoing and new global change and sustainability research programmes.
High Priority Topics for Funding
APN invites trans- and interdisciplinary research and capacity development proposals that reflect the following themes:
● Climate change and climate variability and their related impacts (climate projections/downscaling, extreme events, DRR, monsoon, etc.)
● Ecosystem-based adaptation and disaster risk reduction
● Smart agriculture (resource allocation, livestock, food, technology transfer, innovation, extension, etc.)
● Transboundary issues (pollution, water quality, human health, fisheries and microplastics, invasive species, waste management, etc.)
● Transition towards a sustainable future
● Water, food and energy security
● To help achieve 1 to 6, they encourage innovative data for evidence-based decision-making tools.
Topics discussed under the above themes included the following (not in priority order):
● Improving the quality of climate change projections to address climate change impacts at national and subregional levels
● Extreme events related to monsoon and climate change
● Climate change and impacts on human health (physical and mental health)
● Coastal erosion and increasing risk to infrastructure
● Climate change adaptation due to increased flood, drought and wildfire events
● Ecosystem-based adaptation (EbA) in the context of international processes such as IPBES, IPCC, NOWPAP, AP-PLAT, etc.
● Increasing the resilience of indigenous and local communities to climate-induced impacts
● Addressing knowledge gaps on social vulnerability due to the impact of a changing climate and unsustainable use of biodiversity
● Technology transfer for smart agriculture and food security
● Policy-relevant research on the implementation of nationally determined contributions (NDCs)
● Energy efficiency, GHG emissions reduction, facilitation of adoption of related mitigation policies
● Impacts of microplastics; research on new materials to combat microplastics
● Transboundary air pollution and its impacts on human health
● Proposals that do not address any of the above themes will not be accepted under the 2019 Call for Proposals.
Donor Name: Asia-Pacific Network for Global Change Research (APN)
Funding name: 2019 Calls for Proposals under the CRRP and CAPaBLE Programmes
Deadline: Summary Proposals must be completed and submitted by Sunday, 10th, November, 2019, 23:59:59 JST.
Funding details link: Click to view
Funding limit: Not Found
Special Notes: Please contact with the donor directly for further clarification and understanding.
Project start date: September, 2020
Project duration: Not Found
Eligible organization: As below
● Researchers, academics, practitioners working in institutions based in APN member country and approved country is eligible to apply for an APN grant. Details of the eligibility criteria are outlined in the Guide for Proponent.
Please note that APN does not support:
● The running costs of institutions;
● The salaries of administration staff; the salaries of researchers who receive or are to receive full-time salary support;
● The salaries of consultants (project leaders and collaborators should have the expertise to conduct the activities);
● The maintenance of long-term observation and monitoring systems; and
● General purpose equipment such as personal computers, laptops, smartphones, tablets or fixed office structure (desks, chairs, etc).
Eligible Country: APN member country
Australia, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Cambodia, China, Fiji, India, Indonesia, Japan, Lao PDR, Malaysia, Mongolia, Nepal, New Zealand, Pakistan, Philippines, Republic of Korea, Russian Federation, Sri Lanka, Thailand, United States of America, Viet Nam
Submission mail: Not found
Facebook page-Fund for Bangladesh