Funding brief: Each year the UNWG financially supports many children’s charities in Austria and the developing world. This project-based programme is organised for the sole purpose of benefitting children in need. The UNWG charity programme assists abused children, those having restricted access to education, children with serious health problems, children having no access to clean drinking water, victims of calamity or catastrophe, orphans, children with special needs or children suffering from extreme poverty or starvation.
Donor Name: United Nations Women’s Guild (UNWG)
Funding name: Charity Donations 2020
Deadline: The Application is open between 15th, September and 15th, December, 2019.
Funding details link: Click to view
Funding limit: Maximum funding allowed is €10,000 or equivalent in US dollars. Funding of a specific part of a project may be approved.
Special Notes: Please contact with the donor directly for further clarification and understanding.
Project start date: Not Found
Project duration: One year
Note-Projects may be funded for maximum of three years within a 10 year period.
Eligible organization: As below
● Projects should be implemented directly by the organization applying for the grant.
The project must:
● Be for all children without discrimination of gender, race, ethnic origin or religion.
● Focus on children in need (no older than age 18 years or 21 if disabled) or on mother/child programs targeted to the well-being of the children.
● Able to be completed in one year.
● Be sustainable and have continuation plans.
● Address basic needs in health, education, water and shelter, focusing on long term assistance (e.g. school construction or repair, educational or vocational equipment, classroom furniture, special needs support, medical equipment, clean water supply, sanitation facilities).
● If you have received funds before and have failed to submit a final report, then your application will not be considered for funding.
UNWG DOES NOT FUND:
● Administrative costs (rents, salaries of any kind, office supplies, telephone costs, travel expenses).
● School fees, school uniforms or writing materials.
● Promotional materials, awareness campaigns or sensitization programs.
● Micro-credit programs or purchase of animals for income generation.
● Revenue generating schemes (e.g.: purchase of computer equipment for a Cybercafé; building construction or purchase of equipment to be utilized/rented out for commercial purposes/ income generating activities).
● Food and emergency aid i.e. natural disaster, conflict areas etc.
● Projects benefiting individual children.
● UNWG does not provide retroactive funding, i.e. project activities must be undertaken after receipt of funds.
● Projects without approved building plans and necessary analyses.
Eligible Country: No Country Bar Found (Open to all regions)
Submission mail: email@example.com
How to apply: The original application form must be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org (no later than 15 December 2019, midnight Central European Time)
Or sent by post to: Second Vice President, UNWG, Vienna International Center, Room F 1036 P.O. Box 400, A-1400 Vienna, Austria (postmarked before 15 December 2019)
UNWG prefers applications in the English language, NGO’s may submit in Arabic, Chinese, French, German, Russian or Spanish. However please be aware that we do not have official translators.
● Please type or print clearly throughout the application. They prefer attached word document files, scans or pictures of your application are difficult to analyze.
● Please do not send rar files, they are unable to open them. Please do not use wetransfer or any other time sensitive transfer service because the files may not be downloaded in the allotted time and will be lost.
● You may add lines or space to more fully describe an item.
● Letters of support from local government entities are encouraged.
● You must provide your organization’s registration certificate as a non-profit organization with the original application form and contact information for the registration authority. If you are a governmental education or health facility, please provide documentation as to your credentials.
● Please attach any construction plans, any analyses (eg hydraulic surveys) and current government approval as necessary.
● Contributions are only transferred in Euro or US Dollars. All amounts should be specified in Euro or US Dollars except for section 13 where they also request amounts in local currency.
● Only applications on the current 2020 application form will be accepted.
● For email applications, the signed last page must be scanned and submitted. For postal mail applications, please submit the original signatures.
Facebook page-Fund for Bangladesh