Funding brief: The Niwano Peace Foundation invites applications for ‘grant’ for the funding theme-a) Social activities based on the spirit of religious principles; b) Grass-roots activities deployed in a local community;
Grant will be provided for activities as described in items A or B below;
A. Social activities based on the spirit of religious principles
Social activities based on the spirit of religious principals are defined as those undertaken for individual and community welfare and peace, both physical and spiritual, based on the spirit of religious principles that emerge from reverence for God, Buddha, or other universal spiritual reality.
In particular, these include peace-making activities related to education, volunteer work, development cooperation, environmental protection, human rights or the social problems of aging societies done in the spirit of religious principles which transcend religious boundaries.
B. Grass-roots activities deployed in a local community
Activities to vitalize local communities through interdisciplinary workshops and meetings with particular emphasis on collaboration by groups and individuals from diverse organizations and religious groups.
It is expected that local communities will come up with some new values with an independent mind.
Examples would be workshops and outreach programs to inspire people to think about how people living in faraway countries are related to their own lives, or to encourage development of local activities in which people “think globally, and act locally.”
Donor Name: Niwano Peace Foundation
Funding name: No specific fund name
Deadline: September, 15th to October, 15th in every year. (No later than Japan time 23:59 October, 15th)
Funding details link: Click to view
Funding limit: The grant amount which one applicant can apply will be up to 1,000,000 Japanese Yen. (For foreign applicant, the grant amount which one can apply will be up to some USD equivalent to 1,000,000 Japanese Yen)
After screening and determination by Screening Committee, actual amount to be provided can be sometime reduced than original amount in applying.
Special Notes: Please contact with the donor directly for further clarification and understanding.
Project start date: April, 1st, 2020
Project duration: Providing grant is for one year, from 1st, April, 2020 to 31st, March, 2021.
Extensional or renewal support may not be operated. However, one can apply the same activity for next fiscal year if submit application anew.
Eligible organization: As below
Eligibility: Project/Activity eligible for support
● Activities which are consistent with the theme of NPF’s activity grant for fiscal year 2019
● Practical activities, short-term or long-term, directly related to peace building.
● Activities which stimulate activities not only in one’s own field but as well in other fields and can be creative and pioneering models for realization of peace.
Project/Activity ineligible for support
● Activities undertaken for the benefit of a specific religious group.
● Activities based on or for the advancement of a specific political ideology.
● Activities for profit.
● Activities the purpose of which is holding conferences only as such.
● Projects for which the applicant’s primary intention is to publish the results of activities. (This does not apply to past grant recipients.)
● Grants are not scholarships as such, and are not to be used as financial support for Study abroad.
Eligible Country: No Country Bar Found (Open to all regions)
Submission mail: Not found
How to apply: Interested applicant may apply through the website (Click to view).
● Submitting of the copy of the article of organization /incorporation is indispensable for applying, and missing to submit it will be regarded as an irregularity for applying.
● The copy of the article of organization /incorporation should be attached in suggested space on the on-line application form. Other method, such as sends it by E-mail or postal mail, is not acceptable.
|Category||Requested document||How to submit|
|Registered organization||Copy of registration certificate, or Bylaws||Document type should be PDF, JPG, JPEG only. (A clear or legible image is required)|
|Unregistered organization||Copy of Bylaws, articles of organization or society regulations. If not extant, provide official documents showing rules of organization|
|Applying as an individual||Copy of resume, curriculum vitae or personal history (free form but within 1 or 2 pages, preferably including experience related to proposed activity)|
● NPF accepts only English or Japanese
Facebook page-Fund for Bangladesh