Funding brief: Each year the National Endowment for Democracy (NED) makes direct grants to hundreds of nongovernmental organizations worldwide working to advance democratic goals and strengthen democratic institutions.
NED is interested in proposals from local, independent organizations for nonpartisan programs that seek to:
● Promote and defend human rights and the rule of law
● Support freedom of information and independent media
● Strengthen democratic ideas and values
● Promote accountability and transparency
● Strengthen civil society organizations
● Strengthen democratic political processes and institutions
● Promote civic education
● Support democratic conflict resolution
● Promote freedom of association
● Strengthen a broad-based market economy
Donor Name: National Endowment for Democracy (NED)
Funding name: No specific fund name
● October, 4th, 2019
● January, 10th, 2020
● March, 27th, 2020
● June, 19th, 2020
Funding details link: Click to view
Funding limit: Each year, NED makes more than 1,600 grants to support the projects of non-governmental groups abroad who are working for democratic goals in more than 90 countries. Grant amounts vary depending on the size and scope of the projects, but the average grant lasts 12 months and is around $50,000.
Special Notes: Please contact with the donor directly for further clarification and understanding.
Project start date: Not Found
Project duration: Not Found
Eligible organization: As below
● NED funds only nongovernmental organizations, which may include civic organizations, associations, independent media, and other similar organizations.
● NED encourages applications from organizations working in diverse environments including newly established democracies, semi-authoritarian countries, highly repressive societies and countries undergoing democratic transitions.
● NED does not make grants to individuals, governmental bodies, or state-supported institutions such as public universities.
Eligible Country: No Country Bar Found (Open to all regions-except US)
● Although NED does provide funding to some U.S.-based organizations who carry out programs abroad, it does not provide funding for programs in the United States.
Submission mail: PROPOSALS@NED.ORG
Other important link:
● Apply: Click to view
● Guideline: Click to view and Additional (Click to view)
● Proposal Form (Form-Cover Sheet): Click to view
● Proposal Form (Budget): Click to view and Budget Sample (Click to view)
● About: Click to view
● FAQ: Click to view
● Step-by-Step Online Application Instructions: Click to view
How to apply: Interested applicant may apply through the website (Click to view).
● APPLY ONLINE – ONLINE APPLICATION
When your documents are ready, click on the link above to begin the online application process.
You will be asked to create a user account for your organization. If you have previously applied online, you may log in using your organization’s existing account.
● To apply by email: Send all of the application materials by email to PROPOSALS@NED.ORG.
● To apply by post: Send all of the application materials to: National Endowment for Democracy: Attn: Grant Proposals, 1025 F Street NW, Suite 800, Washington, DC 20004 USA
● To apply by fax: +1 (202) 378-9407~
● All applications must include the following items:
Proposal Cover Sheet(PDF)
This form collects basic organizational information.
This is the written description of the project you would like to conduct with NED funds. Please follow the PROPOSAL GUIDELINES. You may prepare the Proposal Narrative in English or your local language. Proposals should be approximately 10 pages in length.
Interim Assessment (for renewal proposals only)
This is an assessment of your organization’s previous NED grant, if any. It should be included as part of the proposal narrative.
This is the financial description of the project you would like to conduct with NED funds and should correspond to the activities in the Proposal Narrative. Please follow the ADDITIONAL GUIDANCE and use the BUDGET TEMPLATE whenever possible.
Registration Documents (if applicable)
Please include your Certificate of Registration or other documentation showing the legal status of your organization. If your organization is not registered, this documentation is not required. Instead, please include an explanation (in the Proposal Cover Sheet) as to why your organization is not registered and the status of any pending applications for registration.
Facebook page-Fund for Bangladesh