Funding brief: The Ben-Gurion University of the Negev invites applications for ‘Postdoctoral Fellowships’.
Candidates interested in conducting postdoctoral research at the Jacob Blaustein Institutes for Desert Research (BIDR) are invited to apply for postdoctoral fellowships from the Jacob Blaustein Center for Scientific Cooperation. These fellowships are for the 2020-2021 academic year and are eligible to be renewed for a second year. Postdoctoral positions are available for scholars performing research in topics related to drylands, including: desert ecology, solar energy, environmental physics, architecture and urban planning, rainfed and irrigated agriculture, hydrology, aquaculture, environmental microbiology, desalination and water treatment, and biotechnology.
A detailed list of the various research activities of the Institutes’ faculty can be found at Researchers list.
Donor Name: Ben-Gurion University of the Negev
Funding name: Postdoctoral Fellowships
Deadline: 2nd, March, 2020
Funding details link: Click to view
● The current value of a yearly BCSC fellowship is approximately $25,000 USD (paid in NIS (Israeli currency)). Housing costs are not included.
● Exceptional candidates may be awarded the prestigious Jacob Blaustein Fellowship, which includes a yearly fellowship of approximately $27,000 USD (paid in NIS (Israeli currency)), a roundtrip air ticket, and complementary lodging at the BIDR’s student/scholar housing unit. All applicants are automatically considered for this fellowship and no additional material is required to apply.
Special Notes: Please contact with the donor directly for further clarification and understanding.
Project start date: Not Found
Project duration: 2020-2021
Eligible organization: As below
Eligibility: Candidates should contact a prospective supervisor to develop a research program with him/her before applying for the BCSC postdoctoral fellowship.
● Fellowships are awarded on a competitive basis to candidates who received their Ph.D. degree within the last five years from the start date of the postdoctoral position.
● The program is open to scientists from all over the world.
● Fellowships are not available to those who received their Ph.D. at BGU.
● Detailed instructions on the preparation and submission of applications can be found at: Submission Instructions
Eligible Country: No Country Bar Found (Open to all regions)
Submission mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
How to apply:
Candidates should first select a topic of interest and identify a prospective supervisor. A detailed list of BIDR faculty members and their research activities can be found here:BIDR Academic Staff
Contact the faculty member about possible postdoctoral positions and, if available, develop a research program with the faculty member.
● You must complete the application form Application form – BCSC scholarship 2020-2021
● You must send copies of your undergraduate and graduate degree diplomas and grade transcripts , as PDF or Word attachments, to the BCSC office, by email to email@example.com.
● 3 reference letters, your referees should be faculty members who have taught and/or worked with you. One of the referees should be your dissertation advisor. Ideally, another referee should be a scientist who is familiar with your work but is from a university other than your own. Please instruct your referees that their reference letters should be sent directly to the BCSC office, as a PDF or Word with the institute’s letterhead and signature Attachment at firstname.lastname@example.org
● Please note that current BIDR postdocs in their first year of research who do not have a BCSC fellowship are eligible to apply for a BCSC Postdoctoral Fellowship, in accordance with BGU regulations.
Facebook page-Fund for Bangladesh