Funding brief: The UNESCO-Hamdan bin Rashid Al-Maktoum Prize for Outstanding Practice and Performance in Enhancing the Effectiveness of Teachers was created in 2008 to support the improvement of teaching and learning quality in achieving the Education for All goals, which is one of UNESCO’s priorities.
Awarded every two years, the Prize is generously supported by His Highness Sheikh Hamdan Bin Rashid Al-Maktoum of the United Arab Emirates. It amounts to US $300,000, which is equally divided between three winners whose projects aim at improving worldwide the performance and effectiveness of teachers.
The winners are selected by an International Jury composed of five distinguished professionals chosen for their high-level of knowledge and experience in teacher-related issues.
The Prize will be awarded for the sixth time at a ceremony that will take place during World Teachers’ Day celebrations at UNESCO Headquarters in Paris on 5 October 2020.
Donor Name: UNESCO
Funding name: UNESCO Hamdan Prize for the effectiveness of teachers
Deadline: The deadline for submitting applications for the 2019-2020 Prize is 31st, October, 2019 (midnight, Paris time).
Funding details link: Click to view
Funding limit: Awarded every two years, the Prize is generously supported by His Highness Sheikh Hamdan Bin Rashid Al-Maktoum of the United Arab Emirates. It amounts to US $300,000, which is equally divided between three winners whose projects aim at improving worldwide the performance and effectiveness of teachers.
Special Notes: Please contact with the donor directly for further clarification and understanding.
Project start date: N/A
Project duration: N/A
Eligible organization: As below
Eligibility: The program/project submitted by candidates shall have made a significant contribution to enhancing teaching and learning, in line with UNESCO’s principles and objectives in this field:
● By demonstrating innovation aimed at promoting effectiveness of teachers;
● By producing teaching materials or other special aids designed for the development of innovative teaching and learning;
● By mobilizing initiatives and/or means likely to contribute to enhancing teacher effectiveness;
● By strengthening coordination and research that inform and enhance teacher effectiveness;
In addition, the following criteria will be taken into consideration:
● The program/project must be on-going for at least three years for its results to be evaluated and its effectiveness verified;
● It must represent an outstanding contribution to the fundamental objectives of UNESCO and the United Nations in the fields of quality education for sustainable development;
● The work accomplished must be exemplary and likely to stimulate similar initiatives;
● It must have shown itself to be effective in mobilizing new intellectual and material resources.
Eligible Country: No Country Bar Found (Open to all regions)
Submission mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Other important link:
● Guideline: Click to view
● Proposal Form (Form): Application Form (Click to view) and Nomination Form (Click to view)
● About: Click to view
● Statutes of UNESCO-Hamdan Prize: Click to view
How to apply: Applications are to be emailed to: email@example.com (link sends e-mail) with the mention in the subject “UNESCO-Hamdan Prize application”.
Facebook page-Fund for Bangladesh