Funding brief: The Facebook Fellowship Program is designed to encourage and support promising doctoral students who are engaged in innovative and relevant research in areas related to computer science and engineering at an accredited university.
The program is open to students in any year of their PhD study. They also encourage people of diverse backgrounds and experiences to apply, especially those from traditionally under-represented minority groups. Applications are evaluated based on the strength of the student’s research statement, publication record and recommendation letters.
Research Areas: Applications will be accepted from students with research related to one of the following areas:
● Applied Statistics
● AR/VR Photonics and Optics
● AR/VR Privacy and Ethics
● Blockchain and Cryptocurrency
● Computer Graphics
● Computer Vision
● Compute Storage and Efficiency
● Distributed Systems
● Economics and Computation
● Instagram/Facebook App Well-being and Safety
● Machine Learning
● Networking and Connectivity
● Privacy and Data Use
● Programming Languages
● Social and Economic Policy
● Spoken Language Processing and Audio Classification
● Structured Data Stores
● Systems for Machine Learning
Research outside the above: relevant work in areas that may not align with the research priorities highlighted above.
Areas: AR/VR, Computational Photography & Intelligent Cameras, Computer, Connectivity , Data Science, Economics & Computation, Facebook AI Research, Human Computer Interaction & UX, Machine Learning, Natural Language Processing & Speech, Security & Privacy, Systems & Networking;
Donor Name: Facebook
Funding name: The 2020 Facebook Fellowship
Deadline: October, 4th, 2019, 11:59pm PST
Funding details link: Click to view
Funding limit: Winners of the Fellowship are entitled to receive two years of tuition and fees paid, a stipend of $37,000 each year and up to $5,000 in conference travel support.
Facebook Fellowship Award Includes
● Tuition and fees paid for the academic year (up to two years/four semesters)
● $37K grant (one-time payment during each academic year)
● Up to $5,000 in conference travel support
● Paid visit to Facebook headquarters to for the annual Fellowship Summit
Special Notes: Please contact with the donor directly for further clarification and understanding.
Project start date: The award funds are delivered during the Fall term of the awarded year(s) and conclude at the end of the Spring term. Stipend payment(s) are sent once a tuition invoice is received for the respective Fall term each year. Travel funds must be completed by the end of the school year (typically the Spring term).
Project duration: 2 years
Eligible organization: As below
● Applicants must be full-time PhD students currently involved in on-going research who are enrolled in an accredited university in any country
● Students’ work must be related to one or more relevant disciplines
● Students must be enrolled during the academic year(s) the Fellowship is awarded
● The fellowship is open to students at all universities both in the United States and in other countries.
Eligible Country: No Country Bar Found (Open to all regions)
Submission mail: Not found
How to apply: Interested applicant may apply through the website (Click to view).
Applications Must Include
● 500-word research summary which clearly identifies the area of focus, importance to the field and applicability to Facebook of the anticipated research during the award (reference the research areas below)
● Resume or CV, with email, phone and mailing address, and applicable coursework noted
● Two letters of recommendation. Please provide reference email addresses. One reference must be from an academic advisor
● You will be asked to provide the names and email addresses of your two references. They will receive an email prompting them to upload their recommendation letters. If your application is a finalist, we may contact your references for confirmation
Facebook page-Fund for Bangladesh