Funding brief: This an Internationally Photography Grant, designed to sponsor young and emerging Photographers, funding a Scholarship.
The spirit of the initiative promotes the dissemination of the African culture, its creativity, the impact of its visual aesthetics in the continent and its diaspora, the in- depth exploration of the photography media.
Impact rather than Money, the Daniele Tamagni Grant (DT Grant) is to aggregate tangible and intellectual resources to address the creation of a long term value proposition focused on Photography and Education.
Elevating Creativity to a Profession, thanks to the scholarship the recipient of the Grant will be in the position to become a positive agent of change, shining new light over the evolution of the African identity.
The Grant, thanks to its partners and the panel members creates the opportunity of important global references in the Photo and Media industry, including important publishers and galleries
The Recipient of the Scholarship in September 2020 will travel to Perpignan, during the Visa pour l’Image. There, introduced to international Photo Editors and, based on the quality of the portfolio earlier presented, the opportunity to take part to dedicated programs and conferences.
Donor Name: Daniele Tamagni grant
Funding name: No specific fund name
Deadline: Submissions are open from July 15th thru October, 10th, 2019.
Funding details link: Click to view
Funding limit: The Scholarship includes:
● Advanced Programme in Photography yearly tuition at the Market Photo Workshop School in Johannesburg ZA (end of January – early December 2020).
● A/R in Economy class from the place of residence to Johannesburg ZA.
● Assistance in the visa application, when required.
● Health and Repatriation Medical Insurance for the length of the Scholarship.
● A monthly bursary of 9000 ZAR for accomodation ,meals, transport and other out of pocket expenses.
● Curation of a new body of work, developed during the Scholarship and to be presented for admission to the 2020 edition of the Festival Visa pour l’Image.
Special Notes: Please contact with the donor directly for further clarification and understanding.
Project start date: Not Found
Project duration: Not Found
Eligible organization: As below
Eligibility: Entrant warrants that:
● 18 or older but max 30years at the date of the submission
● To be the sole author of the photographs;
● Has ownership of the proprietary rights in the photographs;
● The submitted portfolio does not infringe third party copyrights or violates privacy rights.
● Credits, captions and authorial terms exclusively belong the Photographers, the Recipient agrees for communication, promotion and cultural initiatives. the Daniele Tamagni Estate will license with terms of perpetuity and free of rights, the use of the pictures from the Submission and Graduation Portfolios (the digital files and its reproduction).
Eligible Country: No Country Bar Found (Open to all regions)
Submission mail: Not found
Uploading at the URL: www.marketphotoworkshop.co.za/courses/scolarship- application-form/danieletamagnigrant.
● 20 to 30 images at 72 DPI (jpg),
● 1200 pixels longest size, captioned.
● A synopsis of the project(s) (PDF, max 500 strokes).
● A short Bio (PDF, max 500 stokes),
● A declaration of proficiency and command of English to follow the Scholarship.
Each student can submit a portfolio of min 20 max 30 fully captioned images, max 2 projects with a synopsis or a description of the project(s).
● The official language of the initiative is English, eligible students need an adequate proficiency to benefit from the lectures and the reviews.
● With the submission it is required to fill the application form of the Photo Market Workshop; they will welcome:
● A short bio and when possible a motivation statement for attending the course,
● Only when feasible, a brief presentation by his/her Teacher(s).
Facebook page-Fund for Bangladesh