Funding brief: The International RiverFoundation’s Vera Thiess Fellowship for Women gives women from developing countries the opportunity to gain valuable work experience through the IRF and its partners, with the goal of advancing women’s participation in water and river management. This fellowship goes towards bridging the gap in women’s participation in river basin management in developing countries.
Awarded in the name of the late Vera Thiess, a long -time supporter of the IRF, They recognise Vera’s and the Thiess family’s commitment to philanthropic support, and continue Vera’s legacy by supporting women’s involvement in river basin and water management.
Unlike a typical research fellowship, the selected candidate will have the unique opportunity to gain valuable work experience with the IRF and its alumni and partners worldwide and will be placed in the IRF offices in Brisbane for the Fellowship period. The Vera Thiess Fellow will work cooperatively within a small team on a project to develop a process or strategy to implement the Resilient Rivers Blueprint in the Yangtze Basin, China and also support the team on the International Riversymposium in China in 2020.
Skills and Experience
● Demonstrated experience in project management, environmental management, international development and/or not-for-profit activities.
● Experience working in developing countries or working in cross-cultural situations desirable.
● Excellent communication skills, including fluency in written and spoken English and Chinese, ability to communicate effectively across different cultures and geographies and at all levels.
● Experience in preparation of high-quality documents including policies, templates, reports and proformas.
● Ability to facilitate and present at workshops and conferences.
● Strong interpersonal skills and ability to develop and manage productive relationships with external stakeholders and contractors.
Donor Name: International RiverFoundation
Funding name: Vera Thiess Fellowship for Women
Deadline: Entries Are Now Open For The 2019 Vera Thiess Fellowship Until The Wednesday , 11th, September, 2019.
Funding details link: Click to view
Funding limit: Up to $50,000 including international travel and administration costs
Special Notes: Please contact with the donor directly for further clarification and understanding.
Project start date: Not Found
Project duration: 2-3 days per week, up to 12 months
Eligible organization: As below
Eligibility: Applicants must-
● Be female
● Be a citizen of a developing country
● Must be able to work in Australia and ideally residing in Brisbane
● Have a demonstrated interest in sustainable river basin management
● Demonstrate their motivation, leadership and ability to undertake this fellowship
● Be able to travel internationally in 2019 and 2020
● Be willing to share their Fellowship finding with the IRF and broader international river community
Eligible Country: Developing country
Submission mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
How to apply: To send your application, please contact email@example.com.
Applicants are required to submit the following :
● An up to date resume with personal and professional references
● A one page cover letter demonstrating their commitment and passion for sustainable river basin management, and describing how the fellowship will help them to achieve their personal and professional goals.
Facebook page-Fund for Bangladesh