Funding brief: The Stigler Center Journalists in Residence Program provides a transformative learning experience for up-and-coming journalists from around the world, working in all forms of media. It aims to shape the next generation of leaders in business reporting.
The program will take place over approximately 12 weeks at our Hyde Park campus, during which selected participants will audit classes, participate in events, collaborate with peers, and socialize with the university’s greatest scholars. Participants will choose their own classes at Chicago Booth. Examples of classes include The Firm and the Non-Market Environment with professor Marianne Bertrand and Crony Capitalism with professor Luigi Zingales.
Program participants are expected to:
● Audit 3 classes
● Attend and actively participate in classes and complete all required readings and assignments
● Participate in Stigler lectures, lunches, and social events as well as other events recommended by the center
● Sign a letter of agreement with the center to indicate that the program guidelines and expectations are mutually agreed upon
Donor Name: Stigler centre
Funding name: Journalists in Residence Program
Deadline: Applications must be received by 11:59pm Chicago time on Sunday, October, 20th, 2019.
Funding details link: Click to view
● Receiving from the program:
● Reimbursement for economy-class airfare to/from Chicago and SEVIS and visa application fees
● A stipend* of $12,000 to cover living expenses over the twelve-week program
● World-class training in business fundamentals at Chicago Booth free of charge
● Participation in seminars and workshops at Chicago Booth and across the university
● An opportunity to write for the ProMarket blog
● Interaction with Booth faculty and students as well as other program participants
● Designated study space
● Certificate of participation upon successful completion of program
Special Notes: Please contact with the donor directly for further clarification and understanding.
Project start date: March, 23rd, 2020
Project duration: The program dates are from approximately March, 23rd, 2020 until June, 13th, 2020.
Eligible organization: As below
Eligibility: Working journalists who have some years of media experience and are proficient in English are encouraged to apply.
Eligible Country: No Country Bar Found (Open to all regions)
Submission mail: Not found
How to apply: Interested applicant may apply through the website (Click to view).
In order to be considered for the Spring 2020 Stigler Center Journalists in Residence Program, you must submit the following through the online application form:
● Two Letters of Recommendation
● Three Published News Articles
Submit a copy of three published news articles, preferably in English. If the articles are not in English, a translation should be submitted along with the original articles.
For TV or radio journalists, please include links to your video/audio files in a PDF or Word document along with English transcriptions.
● 500 Word Personal Essay
An essay of about 500 words describing your interest in the program and what goals you hope to achieve through the program
● Proof of English Proficiency(if applicable)
Non-native English speakers must submit proof of English proficiency (waived if undergraduate or graduate degree was obtained in a college/university where English is the primary language of instruction or in an English-speaking country). Examples of proof of English proficiency include:
Certificates or standardized test scores (TOEFL, IELTS, SAT, ACT, Cambridge, Duolingo, etc.)
English equivalency diploma or certificate awarded by accredited national education institution
Work experience in an English-speaking office with letter from manager affirming language skills
Facebook page-Fund for Bangladesh