Funding brief: The Nature Conservancy is a global environmental nonprofit working to create a world where people and nature can thrive.
Founded at its grassroots in the United States in 1951, The Nature Conservancy has grown to become one of the most effective and wide-reaching environmental organizations in the world. Thanks to more than a million members and the dedicated efforts of our diverse staff and more than 400 scientists, they impact conservation in 72 countries across six continents.
The Nature Conservancy invites application for ‘2019 Photo Contest’ for the following categories-
A category must be selected when submitting an entry to the Photo Contest. Entries will be considered from the following categories:
● Cities and Nature: Connecting with nature where we live
● Landscape: A sense of place, with or without people
● People and Nature: Recreation, adventure, people enjoying the outdoors
● Water: Above, below, or in between
● Wildlife: In the wild or in our backyard
Winning submissions will be selected for the following award categories:
● One (1) Grand Prize winner
● One (1) People’s Choice winner
● Five (5) Category First Place winners, one (1) per category
● Five (5) Category Second Place winners, one (1) per category
● Five (5) Category Third Place winners, one (1) per category, and
● Five (5) Category Honorable Mentions, one (1) per category.
What to enter
Images will be judged on originality, technical excellence, composition, overall impact and artistic merit.
To ensure functionality on our submission platform, please submit files no larger than 4032 x 4032 pixels and no more than 4 MB at the time of entry. High resolution-original files will be requested should an entry make it into the final round of editing to be considered for an award or prize of merit.
All photographs should accurately reflect the subject matter and the scene as it appeared. Photos that have been digitally altered beyond standard optimization (cropping, spotting for dust, reasonable adjustments to exposure, color and contrast, etc.) will be disqualified.
Entries may originate in any format—including but not limited to digital files, digital prints, color transparencies, color prints, or black and white prints—so long as they are submitted electronically in a .JPEG .jpg, or.png format. HDR images are acceptable.
Previously published material for which non-exclusive rights were granted may be entered as long as you maintain the right to grant us a license (see “Your Rights” below). You must be able to disclose when and where the photo appeared previously to The Conservancy upon request.
If you choose to include people in your submission, you are responsible for obtaining the necessary releases from the individuals depicted, and must be able to provide copies of those releases to The Conservancy upon request.
Submissions may be watermarked if desired, but the watermark should be inconspicuous enough to not interfere with the judging of the photo. A watermarked photo might not be honored by the competition (at the judges’ sole discretion) if the photographer is unable or unavailable to provide a pristine, watermark-free version of the image when asked.
The following submissions are ineligible:
● Images of captive animals photographed in zoos and commercial game farms.
● Photos that violate or infringe upon another person’s rights, including but not limited to copyright and photographs of persons without the necessary consent required by law in your jurisdiction. The Conservancy reserves the right to require entrants to submit evidence of the subject’s legal consent to be photographed for the submitted photograph, which may include a signed waiver from the subject.
NOTE: Waiver requirements vary by jurisdiction, and the entrant is responsible for obtaining a legally enforceable waiver from any photographed subject.
● Photos that contain sexually explicit, nude, obscene, violent or other objectionable or inappropriate content.
● Images that involve the willful harassment of wildlife, or damage to the environment by the photographer.
● Images that involve putting any individual or animal in danger.
The Conservancy shall determine entry eligibility in its sole and absolute discretion.
Donor Name: The Nature Conservancy
Funding name: 2019 Photo Contest.
Deadline: The Photo Contest begins at 6am AEDT (UTC +10) on August, 1st, 2019, and ends at 11:59pm EST (UTC -5) on August, 31st, 2019 (the “Entry Period”).
Funding details link: Click to view
All award winners will receive mention on The Conservancy’s digital presences. In addition, The Conservancy will award the following prizes:
● One (1) Grand Prize winner will receive: $2,000 Delta gift card
Camera kit from brand of choice. Estimated value: $4,000 USD
Total value: $6,000 USD
● One (1) People’s Choice winner will receive: $1,500 Delta gift card
● Five (5) Category First Place winners (one (1) per category) will receive: $500 Delta gift card
● Five (5) Category Second Place winners (one (1) per category) will receive: $250 Delta gift card
● Five (5) Category Third Place winners (one (1) per category) will receive: $100 Delta gift card
● Five (5) Category Honorable Mentions (one (1) per category) will receive: Certificate of Recognition
Special Notes: Please contact with the donor directly for further clarification and understanding.
Project start date: N//A
Project duration: N//A
Eligible organization: As below
● The Nature Conservancy’s 2019 Photo Contest (“Photo Contest”) is open to all professional and amateur photographers who have reached the age of majority in their jurisdiction of residence at the time of entry. Trustees, Board Members, Employees, interns, or partners of The Nature Conservancy, as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings, and children) and household members of those employees, are not eligible to enter.
● By submitting an entry to the Photo Contest, entrants certify that their participation in this Photo Contest is not illegal or in violation of any law, regulation, treaty or administrative act, and that the laws of their governing jurisdiction of residence at the time of entry do not prohibit or restrict the receipt of any Prize under this Photo Contest.
● The Nature Conservancy (“The Conservancy”) reserves the right to reject any entry if, in The Conservancy’s sole discretion, the laws of an applicable jurisdiction, including but not limited to the entrant’s jurisdiction of residence at the time of entry, would prohibit or limit The Conservancy from proceeding with the Contest as intended or the consideration or awarding of any Prize would impose additional administrative, tax, operational, or legal burdens on The Conservancy.
● Furthermore, individuals residing in any “Excluded Jurisdiction” are ineligible to enter the Photo Contest. Excluded Jurisdiction means any country listed on the US Treasury Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) Active Sanctions Programs list: https://sanctionssearch.ofac.treas.gov/.
Eligible Country: No Country Bar Found (Open to all regions except US Treasury Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) Active Sanctions Programs)
Submission mail: Not found
How to apply: Interested applicant may apply through the website (Click to view).
● All images must be submitted though our photo submission website. Digital images that are sent via mail or email will not be accepted. If possible, please embed the photographer’s name and caption information in the photo’s metadata.
● The entry forms contain required fields for information about the photo, category to be entered, and contact information for the entrant, including an email address.
● Entrants will be asked to provide the following information in the contest entry process:
Title of the photo
Caption: Describe what we see and where it was taken
Country where photo was taken
State or province where photo was taken
Category: Cities and Nature, Landscape, People and Nature, Water, or Wildlife
● You may enter an unlimited number of photos, but you may not use an agency or automated system to enter.
● Sponsor reserves the right to reject any additional entries or entries that do not comply with these Official Rules. By entering, you indicate your unconditional agreement to, and acceptance of, these Official Rules and Sponsor’s decisions, which are final and binding. You cannot win a prize unless you comply with all requirements in these Official Rules.
● Entrants may be asked to supplement their submission with more explanation about the photo or to provide a higher resolution version of the photo anytime during the contest period.
Facebook page-Fund for Bangladesh