Funding brief: The Polden-Puckham Charitable Foundation invites application for the following-
● Peace and Sustainable Security – They support work that addresses the underlying causes of violent conflict and the development of ways to prevent and resolve conflict
● Environmental Sustainability – They support work that addresses the pressures and conditions that contribute to global environmental breakdown.
● Supporting those seeking to change policy or attitudes – the resources are limited and they receive a large number of applications. In order to make informed grant decisions they focus our grant-giving in a number of ways. They fund organisations in the UK that are working to influence policy, attitudes and values at a national or international level. With regard to the environmental funding, they only support projects that are of a pioneering nature, scalable, and with potential for influencing UK national and international policy.
● Within our stated priority areas, they support those seeking to promote equity and social justice; and those developing radical alternatives to current economic and social structures. They give particular consideration to small, pioneering organisations with a bold vision. This vision should reflect a strong values-base, underpinning their work, governance and financial affairs.
● UK-based NGO’s undertaking charitable work- They are a UK-based grant giving charity. They support the work of UK registered charities and organisations or projects that are not charities as long as their work is clearly charitable in nature. They only support organisations working outside the UK if they are linked to a UK charitable organisation and are doing work that is international in focus.
Donor Name: Polden-Puckham Charitable Foundation
Funding name: No specific fund name
Deadline: The next deadline for applications will be midnight on Friday 13th, September, 2019.
Funding details link: Click to view
Funding limit: They usually give grants of between £5,000 and £15,000 per year, for up to three years. They generally support organisations for whom this would represent between 3% and 50% of their annual income (organisations with an annual income of between £10,000 and £500,000 approximately).
Special Notes: Please contact with the donor directly for further clarification and understanding.
Project start date: Not Found
Project duration: Up to three years.
Eligible organization: As below
Eligibility: Your application will be assessed against the following criteria. All ‘Essential’ criteria must be met as a minimum. If you are in any doubt please contact the Trust Secretary with your questions.
● Activity – Does your application fit within one or both of our priority areas (peace and sustainable security and/or environmental sustainability)?
● Strategic thinking – Does your application make sense in terms of its analysis, strategy and proposed implementation?
● Changing attitudes or policy – Is your project aiming to influence political decision-makers and/or key opinion-formers?
● Impact – Can you clearly articulate the difference your work will make?
● National or international impact – Is your project seeking an impact beyond the local level, ideally at a UK national or international level?
● International work – PPCF only funds work outside the UK if it is of international focus.
They do not fund:
● Large organisations
● Organisations or work outside UK (unless they doing work of international focus and are linked with a UK charitable organisation)
● Grants to individuals
● Travel bursaries (including overseas placements and expeditions)
● Academic research
● Capital projects (e.g. building projects or purchase of nature reserves)
● Community or local practical projects (except innovative projects with potential for widespread application)
● Youth work, youth training and youth camps
● Environmental / ecological conservation
● International agencies and overseas appeals
● General appeals
● Human rights work (except where it relates to peace and environmental sustainability).
● Community mediation and criminal or restorative justice work
PPCF will only consider new applications from previously rejected applicants after a twelve-month period.
Eligible Country: No Country Bar Found (Open to all regions)
Submission mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
How to apply: Please email your application to: email@example.com. If you are unable to send electronic copies of your audited accounts and annual report, please send hard copies to: Christine Oliver, Trust Secretary, Polden-Puckham Charitable Foundation, BM PPCF, London, WC1N 3XX.
● Please download an Application Form from our website: polden-puckham.org.uk. You may include a final page to this ‘Word’ document for supplementary information if you wish. If you are unable to download these files please contact us by email using the address below.
● When emailing your completed application form please ensure that it is in Word, Pages or LibreOffice format, and re-name your document with your organisation’s name. For example, (yourorganisationnameYY.docx) where YY is the current year. Please send applications to us by email, ensuring that the email with all attachments is below 2MB in size.
● Please supply a set of the latest audited/independently examined accounts and an annual report. If you are a new organisation and do not have an annual report or audited accounts, please indicate this on our form and send us what you have.
● Should you have any questions about the application form or procedure, please contact the Trust Secretary, Christine Oliver by email – firstname.lastname@example.org, or via the website’s contact page.
Facebook page-Fund for Bangladesh