Funding brief: The Trust favours applications from smaller animal welfare charities registered in the UK and working in the UK or abroad
Donor Name: Jean Sainsbury Trust
Funding name: No specific fund name
Deadline: The deadlines for receipt of applications are: 15th, January (for Spring meeting) 1st, May (for our Summer meeting) 1st, September (for our Winter meeting).
Funding details link: Click to view
Funding limit: Not Found
Special Notes: Please contact with the donor directly for further clarification and understanding.
Project start date: Not Found
Project duration: Not Found
Eligible organization: As below
Eligibility: The Trust favours applications from smaller animal welfare charities registered in the UK and working in the UK or abroad:
● Which have independently examined up to date annual accounts.
● Which demonstrate an active re-homing and rehabilitation policy for animals taken into their care.
● Involved with conservation of wildlife, when the rescue, rehabilitation and (where possible) the release of animals is their main aim.
The Trust aims to support UK registered charities by making donations toward the following:
● General running costs associated with the rescue, rehabilitation and re-homing or release of domestic, wild and exotic animals.
● Feeding, capture, neutering and release of feral cats.
● Assistance with vet’s fees and neutering costs of animals owned by those on low incomes.
● Donations towards capital purchases involving land, buildings, vehicles, equipment and educational material. The Trustees may pledge funds towards large capital building projects, which will only be released when all other funding is in place and the work is ready to commence. The maximum pledge given in the past was £35k.
● Donations toward the purchase or improvement of property or fixed buildings are only considered if:
The property is clearly in the ownership of the charity, or
At least 10 years is left to run on the charity’s lease, or
A letter from the landowner states that the charity will be reimbursed for the improvements on sale of the property or at the end of the lease. Otherwise, support for improvements can only be considered when they do not increase the saleable value of the property.
The Trust will not support:
● Applications from individuals.
● Charities registered outside the UK.
● Charities offering sanctuary to animals, with no effort to re-home, foster or rehabilitate unless endangered species.
● Charities that do not have a realistic destruction policy for animals that cannot be given a reasonable quality of life.
● Charities with cash and/or investments valued at more than one year’s expenditure will not qualify for a donation, unless it can be demonstrated that reserves are being held specifically for a project.
● Charities that spend more than a reasonable proportion of their annual income on administration or cannot justify their costs per animal helped.
● They would not normally support an application from overseas charities for funds for capital expenditure.
● Veterinary Schools, unless the money can be seen to be directly benefiting the type of animals the Trust would want to support e.g. welfare-related or low-cost first opinion vet treatment projects.
The Trust expects all applicants to be charities registered with the Charity Commission unless their annual income is under £5,000
Eligible Country: The Trust favours applications from smaller animal welfare charities registered in the UK and working in the UK or abroad
Submission mail: Not found
● Guideline (Policy): Click to view
● About: Click to view
How to apply: If you wish to apply for a donation from the Trust would you please:
● Carefully check the list of policy guidelines to make sure that your organisation fits the criteria for consideration.
● If your organisation appears to meet our criteria, please follow the instructions below:
Email the relevant Application Form to us AND post 2 copies of it to us together with the following
With the email attach your most recent audited or independently examined accounts AND post 2 copies to us. Please apply to us at the time closest to your newest accounts having just been signed and confirmed by your independent examiner.
Also with the email attach a newsletter or similar giving us info on the work of your charity AND post 2 copies to us.
New Applicants Questionnaire– Click here if you have not received a previous donation from us
Past Applicants Questionnaire– Click here if you have received a previous donation from usPlease do not send originals as these cannot be returned to you.
● If you are unable to complete an online application form please print the relevant form below and post the paperwork to us:
New Applicants PDF
Past Applicants PDF
● Please post 2 copies of your paperwork to:
Administrator, Jean Sainsbury Animal Welfare Trust, P.O.Box 469, London W14 8PJ
Please send in double-sided copies of your paperwork if possible.
Please send your papers by 1st or 2nd class post (with proof of posting if you wish). Please DO NOT send by any form of delivery that requires a signature as the office is not manned every day.
Facebook page-Fund for Bangladesh