Funding brief: Early-career researchers from 21 Least Developed Member Countries of the Islamic Development Bank (IsDB) are eligible for an ambitious new postdoctoral programme offered by IsDB and TWAS. The fellowships will support research related to the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals, providing recipients with high-level training in areas relevant to sustainability science.
IsDB-TWAS Postdoctoral Fellowships are tenable at centres of excellence in developing countries, i.e. research institutions with a well-established track record in research and a demonstrated competency in a field relevant to sustainability science.
A host centre should be identified by the candidate based on his/her particular area of research. In the latter case, TWAS and the scientific reviewers associated with the evaluation process for selecting the awards will make a decision on the suitability of the host institute proposed by the candidate. In all cases, the host centre must be located in a developing country. An example of a valid host centre is provided by the TWAS-CAS Centres of Excellence (https://twas.org/cas-twas-centres-excellence).
IsDB -TWAS Postdoctoral Fellowships are tenable for a minimum period of three months to a maximum period of six months. They are awarded to young scientists from 21 IsDB Least Developed Member Countries (LDMCs) to enable them to undertake postdoctoral research in areas of science relevant to sustainability science.
The Postdoctoral Fellowship programme provides support for research projects in the following fields:
● Sustainable Agriculture
● Education for Sustainable Development
● Climate Change
● Sustainable cities
● Responsible growth
● Waste management
● Population growth
● Green chemistry
● Plastic pollution and Micro-plastics
● Water and hygiene
Donor Name: The World Academy of Science (TWAS)
Funding name: IsDB-TWAS Postdoctoral Fellowship Programme
Deadline: 12th, September, 2019
Funding details link: Click to view
● Through the Fellowships, the selected scientist will be provided with a monthly allowance on the basis of the cost of living in the host country to cover expenses such as accommodation, food and health insurance.
● The fellowship award will offer an allowance for bench fee costs up to USD 2,565 as a contribution towards laboratory expenses necessary for the awardee’s research.
● The fellowship award will also cover the cost of a round-trip air ticket up to USD 1,000. Any other travel needed, including airport transfers and local transportation, will be the awardee’s responsibility.
● Information about living conditions, such as possibilities of accommodation, transportation, and any other issues related to the candidate’s stay in the host country must be obtained directly from the host institution. Neither TWAS nor IsDB can provide this information.
Special Notes: Please contact with the donor directly for further clarification and understanding.
Project start date: Not Found
Project duration: From 3 to 6 months
Eligible organization: As below
Eligibility: Applicants for IsDB-TWAS Postdoctoral Fellowships must meet the following criteria:
● Hold a PhD degree in an area of science relevant to the research area of the Fellowship programme
● Age up to 45 years
● Has minimum 5 years of experience in the field of research after the PhD
● Host Institute must be in a developing country
● Provide an official acceptance letter from the Host Institute
● Must be a national of and resident in an IsDB LDMC
● Must be employed at an institution in his/her home country
Awarded scholars must:
● Not take up other assignments during the period of her/his fellowship
● Present a research plan agreed by her/his host supervisor
● Be financially responsible for any accompanying family members
● Be autonomous in regard to visa application, health insurance and housing in the host country
Eligible Country: Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Benin, Burkina Faso, Chad, Comoros, Djibouti, Gambia, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Mali, Mauritania, Mozambique, Niger, Senegal, Sierra Leone, Somalia, Sudan, Togo, Uganda, Yemen
Submission mail: Not found
Other important link:
● Apply: Click to view
● Guideline: Click to view
● Proposal Form (Form- sample_acceptance_letter_for_host_institutions_isdb-twas_fellowships): Click to view
● About: Click to view
How to apply: Interested applicant may apply through the website (Click to view).
Facebook page-Fund for Bangladesh