Funding brief: The Lewis and Clark Fund encourages exploratory field studies for the collection of specimens and data and to provide the imaginative stimulus that accompanies direct observation.
Applications are invited from disciplines with a large dependence on field studies, such as archaeology, anthropology, biology, ecology, geography, geology, linguistics, paleontology, and population genetics, but grants will not be restricted to these fields.
Graduate students and postdoctoral and junior scientists wishing to pursue projects in astrobiological field studies should consult the program description and application forms for the Lewis and Clark Fund in Exploration and Field Research in Astrobiology.
Donor Name: American Philosophical Society
Funding name: Research Grant Programs-Lewis and Clark Fund for Exploration and Field Research’
Deadline: Extended deadline-November, 1st, 2019 for applications; letters of support due October, 30th, 2019
Funding details link: Click to view
Funding limit: Amounts will depend on travel costs but will ordinarily be in the range of several hundred dollars up to about $5,000. Grants are payable to the individual applicant. Lewis and Clark Fund grants are taxable income, but the Society is not required to report payments. It is recommended that grant recipients discuss their reporting obligations with their tax advisors. Grant funds are not to be used to pay income tax on the award.
Special Notes: Please contact with the donor directly for further clarification and understanding.
Project start date: Notification will be on March, 2020 for work to begin in May and later
Project duration: Not Found
Eligible organization: As below
● Grants will be available to doctoral students. Postdoctoral fellows, master’s degree candidates, and undergraduates are not eligible. Applicants who have previously received a Lewis and Clark Fund grant may reapply after an interval of two years. Preference is given to applicants who have not yet been granted an award from the Fund.
● Applicants should ask their academic advisor to write one of the two letters of recommendation, specifying the student’s qualifications to carry out the proposed work and the educational content of the trip. Budgets should be limited to travel and related expenses, including personal field equipment.
● Proposals that are archival in nature or museum based will not normally be considered. The proposed work should be dissertation directed to the extent possible given the applicant’s year in the doctoral program.
● The competition is open to U.S. citizens and residents wishing to carry out research anywhere in the world. Foreign applicants must either be based at a U.S. institution or plan to carry out their work in the United States.
● When appropriate, the applicant should provide assurances that safety measures will be taken for potentially hazardous projects. When necessary, the applicant and his or her supervisor should discuss the field training that will be provided and the provisions for experienced supervision. Funding is contingent on successful applicants demonstrating that required permits and permissions have been secured.
Eligible Country: No Country Bar Found (Open to all regions)
Other important link:
● Apply: Click to view
● Proposal Form (Form-Sample): Click to view
● Lewis and Clark Astrobiology Application: Click to view
● 2019 Lewis and Clark Astrobiology Referee Form: Click to view
● About: Click to view
● NASA Astrobiology Strategy Roadmap: Click to view
How to apply: Interested applicant may apply through the website (Click to view).
● Maintain the specified four-page format; do not add extra pages. Type all information; use nothing smaller than 11 pt. Respond to every section in the space provided. The completed application should be submitted as an e-mail attachment to email@example.com.
● Download the referee letter form, forward it to your letter writers, notify them of the deadline, and instruct them to send the completed form to firstname.lastname@example.org; confirm with them that the letters have been sent in time.
Facebook page-Fund for Bangladesh