Funding brief: The Follow-on Funding (FoF) supports the translation of research into practical application, including commercialisation. The aim of the programme is to help researchers maximise the societal and economic benefits of their research. The FoF is a proof-of-concept programme to support bioscience innovation and provide funding where further work on an idea will take it through to a stage at which the route to application is clear, which may include a spin-out, licensing opportunity or the creation of a social enterprise. The programme enables researchers to conduct activities essential to preparing a robust business plan and to secure, where appropriate, further funding and support to progress the project.
The FoF aims to bridge the funding gap between BBSRC-funded research and the point at which other non-BBSRC funding becomes available. By supporting early-stage projects, it also seeks to reduce the risk for future investors. The FoF should not duplicate other sources of public and private funding.
A FoF grant enables researchers who have a sound understanding of the market opportunity for their intellectual assets to execute a defined programme of work of up to two years in length that has clearly defined and complementary technical and business plan development milestones.
BBSRC funding is at 80% of FEC.
Please note, BBSRC does not provide funds to support patent filing costs.
The following funds will be supported-
● Standard Follow-on Fund (FOF)
● Super Follow-on Fund (SuperFOF)
Donor Name: UK Biotechnology and Biological Sciences Research Council (BBSRC)
Funding name: The Follow-on Funding (FoF)
Deadline: 9th, October, 2019, 16:00
Funding details link: Click to view
● Standard Follow-on Fund (FOF): Valued at under £250,000 (FEC).
● Super Follow-on Fund (SuperFOF): Valued at between £250,000 and £800,000 (FEC).
Special Notes: Please contact with the donor directly for further clarification and understanding.
Project start date: N//A
● Standard Follow-on Fund (FOF)Projects 12-24 months in duration
● Super Follow-on Fund (SuperFOF): Projects 12-24 months in duration
Eligible organization: As below
● Standard eligibility criteria apply, as described in section three of the grants guide.
● In addition to fulfilling the standard eligibility criteria, the Principal Investigator (PI) must currently or previously have held BBSRC funding with demonstrable relevance to the application.
● Follow-On Fund projects must draw substantially on previous research funding by us and fall within our portfolio. Proposed applications are not anticipated to extend research grant funding or to be applied research for commercial partners.
In addition to fulfilling the standard BBSRC eligibility criteria, see BBSRC Grants Guide, projects considered through this programme must draw substantially on current or previous BBSRC supported research and enable research outputs to be further developed into practical application to deliver benefit and impact. Proposed applications are not anticipated to extend research grant funding or to be applied research for commercial partners. Follow-on Fund grant applications must demonstrate that the:
● Project is based on a sound understanding of the market need and opportunity that the proposed product, service or technology aims to satisfy;
● Proposed work programme is robust and designed to optimise the commercial and societal benefit derived from the grant;
● Proposal has a substantial link to previous BBSRC funding.
Eligible Country: No Country Bar Found (Open to all regions)
Submission mail: Not found
Other important link:
● Apply: Click to view
● About: Click to view
● Follow-on funding: Case for support: Click to view
● Follow-on funding: Guidance notes: Click to view
● Follow-on funding: Supporting letters: Click to view
How to apply: Please make your applications to ‘BBSRC Follow-on Fund’ through the Je-S system.
Facebook page-Fund for Bangladesh