Funding brief: To further strengthen the impact of our funding, they are exploring the concept of “Empowering for Freedom” and are looking to support the best projects in this space. They are seeking projects that show entrepreneurial approaches to social issues that advance the freedom of individuals and society.
Theory of Change: They believe that Freedom is the most important explanatory factor driving and shaping human wellbeing around the world. Freedom of individuals can be advanced by:
– Reducing the constraints (e.g. governments, societial norms, prejudices) and promoting the freedom and autonomy of the individual (e.g. through market access, fair competition, etc.) or
– Empowering and inspiring individuals to seize opportunities freely (examples include but are not limited to enhancing economic independence, expanding networks of productivity)
They believe that impact driven, bottom-up entrepreneurial initiatives (whether non-profit or for-profit) represent a largely untapped source of opportunitiy to advance the freedom of individuals and advance the general prosperity of society.
Focus & Objective: To surface existing and planned initiatives that empower individual freedom in one of its dimensions and hence advance the wellbeing of individuals in the long-term. Application areas could be, for example, personal liberty, freedom of speech, improved property rights, economic independence, less regulated entrepreneurship, innovation in education, private sector solutions to public issues, etc. They are committed to indentifying and funding the most innovative, disruptive and impactful projects worldwide.
Donor Name: Rising Tide Foundation
Funding name: Call for Proposals: “Empowering for Freedom”
● In the guideline: Deadlines for LOIs: In 2019 we have two deadlines to submit Letters of Intent (LOI) for the call for proposals. They strongly encourage interested parties who believe they fit the criteria for project eligibility to submit a short LOI. The submission deadlines for the LOI are detailed below:
30th, April, 2019
12th, August, 2019
● In the FAQ Page: They have 3 funding cycles per year. They strongly encourage interested parties who want to engage and collaborate with us to submit a short letter of intent (LOI). The submission deadlines for LOIs are detailed below.
Cycle 1: January, 27th, 2019
Cycle 2: May, 7th, 2019
Cycle 3: August, 27th, 2019
Funding details link: Click to view
Funding limit: Funding RTF welcomes grants from 50’000 USD up to 1 Million USD over no more than 5 years. RTF does not give unrestricted funding nor do we fund significant overhead.
Special Notes: Please contact with the donor directly for further clarification and understanding.
Project start date: Not Found
Project duration: 5 years
Eligible organization: As below
Eligibility: In order to qualify for selection, projects need to advance the freedom of the individual through one of the following two approaches:
1. Directly enhance the freedom of individuals along at least one of its dimensions by:
– Reducing obstacles, barriers, constraints or interference from others to the freedom of the individual through innovative approaches (not including general awareness, publication or policy work), or
– Enabling individuals, that may otherwise not have the chance, to access transformational interventions (non-governmental) and programs that empower them to live an independent, sustainable and self-determined life (not including scholarships).
2. Design, pilot or implement bottom-up alternatives to existing government solutions to societal issues organized as decentralized networks, private sector organizations, NGOs etc.
Types: The projects should further fall into one of the following two types of projects:
1. Funding of training & incubation in some form of entrepreneurship: Projects by incubators, accelerators or training institutions that provide skills, training and funding access to individuals, communities, non-/for-profit organizations.
2. Direct project funding: Grant funding will be provided to non-profit or hybrid organizations for testing, implementation or scale up of their focus activities.
The following types of projects are excluded from funding: projects run by individuals; projects run by organizations with a political or religious mission; infrastructure; humanitarian aid; conferences and travel.
Geographic focus: Preference is given to regions where the political infrastructure is robust enough to allow free market principles to be promoted, and the rule of law can realistically be expanded and grow.
If your project meets our funding criteria, they will contact you and extend an invitation for you to submit a full grant application for further consideration. If you are uncertain about the eligibility of your proposal, please email them at email@example.com before beginning an application.
Eligible Country: No Country Bar Found (Open to all regions)
Submission mail: Not found
How to apply: All LOIs must be submitted in accordance with the call for proposals document via proposalCENTRAL at https://proposalcentral.com.
Step 1: Establish a user account to submit a grant application. If you have an existing user account with proposalCENTRAL, simply log in to the platform with your details.
Step 2: To begin a Letter of Intent, select “Grant Opportunities”. Find “Rising Tide Foundation”. Alternatively you can find the Call for Proposals under the following link: https://proposalcentral.com/ProposalGI.asp?SectionID=7284&ProposalID=-1
Click the “Apply Now” link to download the LOI template from proposalCENTRAL.Step 4
Complete all fields in the application form and in the provided template. Please note that the LOI application has limits for the number of characters for each section. Documents that exceed the limits per section will not be considered. All requested documents must be uploaded in PDF format. They must be in 10 point and Open Sans font.
For more information or technical issues, kindly refer to the FAQ section on proposalCENTRAL or contact the team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Facebook page-Fund for Bangladesh