Funding brief: The Environmental and Water Resources Institute (EWRI) annually invites applications for Visiting International Fellows (VIFs). The fellowships provide support for faculty, professionals, or student researchers from developing countries to participate in the annual World Water and Environmental Resources Congresses (typically in May of each year) and in several days of supplementary activities during their visit to the United States. The objectives of the fellowship are to increase the participation of water resources and environmental professionals from developing countries in EWRI conferences, and to promote sustained professional and cultural exchange.
While attending the annual EWRI conference, each Fellow is expected to:
● Give a presentation in a technical session on his/her research on a water/environmental resources issue in his/her country
● Participate with other international fellows in a panel discussion on international water/environmental resource issues as a representative of his/her country
Donor Name: Environmental and Water Resources Institute (EWRI)
Funding name: Visiting International Fellows (VIFs)
Deadline: The application must be submitted by the host (a United States or Canada-based EWRI/ASCE member) by September, 4th, 2019.
Funding details link: Click to view
Funding limit: Fellowships include a one-year membership in EWRI and/or the American Society of Civil Engineers (ASCE) and registration fees for the conference. The remainder of the fellowship can be used to partially cover conference travel expenses. The stipend will not cover travel expenses for the technical and cultural activities planned outside of the conference. Matching fund grants (from corporations, government agencies, schools or individuals) are encouraged, but not required.
Special Notes: Please contact with the donor directly for further clarification and understanding.
Project start date: N//A
Project duration: N//A
Eligible organization: As below
Eligibility: Each Fellow must be hosted by a United States or Canada-based EWRI/ASCE member who will be responsible for submitting the application to the VIF Committee. The host will assist in arranging 2-3 days of professional activities for the Fellow in the United States. Example activities include visiting with key agencies, consultants or researchers, working collaboratively on papers, proposals, or projects, and touring facilities or field sites relevant to the Fellow’s area of interest.
Applicants must meet the following requirements to be eligible for the Fellowships:
● Applicant must be a citizen of, and residing in, a developing country (defined as countries eligible for EWRI/ASCE dues discounts)
● Applicant is a professional, faculty member, or graduate student working in water/environmental resources
● Applicant must have a host who is a United States or Canada-based EWRI/ASCE member* who submits the application
Eligible Country: Eligible applicants are BOTH citizens of AND currently residing in a developing country. The locations of your citizenship and your current residence may be different countries, but both must be “developing” based on the list of countries eligible for EWRI/ASCE discounted membership(which is based on being eligible for borrowing from the World Bank). If you return to live in your home country or move to reside in another developing country, you are eligible to apply. If you are not eligible to apply, you are still encouraged to submit an abstract and present at the conference if you have the resources to attend.
Submission mail: Not found
How to apply: Interested applicant may apply through the website (Click to view).
● Completely fill out all the application with all information regarding candidate and host
● Provide descriptions of 2-3 days of cultural and technical exchange activities that will occur outside of the conference and how the exchange will promote sustained collaboration
● Provide description of networking activities
● Provide descriptions of how costs not covered by the fellowship will be covered (the fellowship typically does not cover all travel and lodging costs)
● Attach a copy of the abstract for a technical presentation (must also be submitted separately to the conference website by the abstract deadline**)|
● Only fully completed applications submitted by the deadline will be considered
● All selected Fellows must complete a short synopsis of activities they were involved in during their visit to the United States and/or Canada.
Facebook page-Fund for Bangladesh