Funding brief: The Special Rapporteur on the human rights to safe drinking water and sanitation is organizing the Third Human Rights Youth Challenge and invites youth aged between 24 and 32 years to submit a 2000 word essay on “private sector participation in the water and sanitation sector: a human rights perspective”.
The Special Rapporteur will invite the winner to join him in an expert consultation, to discuss the impact of private sector participation in the water and sanitation sectors on the human rights to water and sanitation with key experts and stakeholders.
The challenge, organised by the Special Rapporteur on the human rights to water and sanitation, is an opportunity to show your knowledge, understanding and passion about the human rights to water and sanitation by creating original content.
The challenge is co-organised together with UN Water, the Permanent Missions of Spain, the Permanent Mission of Germany, UNESCO-IHP, AquaFed, Public Services International, Franciscans International and the Water Youth Network
The 3rd Youth Challenge is made possible through the financial support of the Government of Spain and the Government of Germany.
Donor Name: United Nations Human Rights
Funding name: Third Human Rights Youth Challenge
Deadline: The deadline of the submission is 2nd, September, 2019, Midnight (Geneva time)
Funding details link: Click to view
Funding limit: The UN Special Rapporteur will invite the winner to join him during an expert consultation, to discuss the impact of private sector participation in the water and sanitation sectors on the human rights to water and sanitation with key experts and stakeholders.
Special Notes: Please contact with the donor directly for further clarification and understanding.
Project start date: N//A
Project duration: N//A
Eligible organization: As below
● All persons between the ages of 24 and 32 years, as of 2nd, October, 2019.
Eligible Country: No country bar found (Open to all regions)
Submission mail: email@example.com
How to apply: Submit the essay together with the link to the social media update to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject: “Submission for 3rd Human RIghts Challenge”
● The submission will be in a form of an essay focusing on one case study. Participants are free to choose a case, which focuses on various forms and models of private sector participation in the water and sanitation sector and analyse gaps in human rights protection and impact on the realization of the human rights to water and sanitation.
● Length of essay: 2,000 words in word document (including footnotes, page numbers, heading)
● Language: English, Spanish and French
● Share your main findings via social media channels where the UN Special Rapporteur has accounts (@UNSRwatsan on Instagram, @SRwatsan on Facebook and Twitter).
● Mark the social media update by including the hashtag #Youth4watsan and tagging the Special Rapporteur’s account
● Please do not include your name or any other identifying details in the submission
● Multiple submissions are NOT accepted Submissions that do not follow instructions will not be considered.
Facebook page-Fund for Bangladesh