Funding brief: Do you have an innovative idea that could revolutionise the field of Global Security?
Through its Creativity and Innovation Initiative, the GCSP and its Geopolitics and Global Futures Programme established in 2015 an annual prize to recognise deserving individuals or organisations that propose an innovative approach to addressing international security challenges.
The prize seeks to reward the most inspiring and groundbreaking contribution of the year, whether this be in the form of an initiative, invention, research project, or organisation. A broad range of projects could qualify for consideration, including, but not limited to, technological and conceptual innovations, original research or grassroots initiatives.
Donor Name: Geneva Centre for Security Policy (GCSP)
Funding name: The 2019 GCSP Prize for Innovation in Global Security
Deadline: The deadline for applications is 26th, September, 2019 at 18:00 UTC+2.
Funding details link: Click to view
Funding limit: The prize consists of a cash award of CHF 10’000, and will be awarded to the winner at a Ceremony in Geneva. In addition to the Prize, all travel to, and attendance at the Ceremony, will be paid by the GCSP.
Special Notes: Please contact with the donor directly for further clarification and understanding.
Project start date: Not found
Project duration: Not found
Eligible organization: As below
● The prize is awarded for a project by any individual, or group of individuals, or organisation (from private or public sectors), which contributes to global security, and has been submitted for consideration according to these rules and regulations. No more than one application per applicant is allowed.
● Applications may come from any country, but the project should go beyond national borders in its reach or thinking, and must seek to address global security in innovative ways or through new ideas. A broad range of projects could qualify for consideration, including, but not limited to, technological and conceptual innovations, original research or grassroot initiatives.
● The prize is intended to encourage and recognise excellence in contributing to new approaches to enhancing sustainable global security.
● The prize is awarded by the Geneva Centre for Security Policy (GCSP), as part of its Programme for Geopolitics and Global Futures, under the Creativity and Innovation Initiative.
● Employees and staff of the GCSP, as well as their family members are not eligible participants.
The winner will be selected by the panel of judges, and selection will be based on the following criteria:
● Dedication to sustainable global security
● Preservation of human dignity, security and justice
Eligible Country: No country bar found (Open to all regions)
Submission mail: Not found
How to apply: Interested applicant may apply through the website (Click to view).
Applications must be submitted via the online application form in order to be considered for the prize, and shall include:
● A project abstract of 250 words maximum;
● A well-developed project description which should not exceed 1,000 words in length. The application should include a description of the initiative or project, an explanation of the concept’s significance in the context of global security and our collective global future, and should clearly demonstrate how the idea provides a novel contribution to this field;
● Up to five image files (optional).
● Applications must be in English.
Facebook page-Fund for Bangladesh