Funding brief: Established in memory of Diana, Princess of Wales, The Diana Award is the most prestigious accolade a young person aged 9-25 years can receive for their social action or humanitarian work.
Successful UK based nominees will be invited to attend an Award Ceremony in their local area, where their achievement will be celebrated alongside their peers.
Successful international nominees will be celebrated virtually on our International Ceremony Day. The Ceremony Day for 2019 will be announced early next year.
The Legacy Award
Both UK based and international individual recipients of The Diana Award are also eligible for The Legacy Award, which takes place on a biannual basis. The next Legacy Award is in 2019.
Donor Name: The Diana Award
Funding name: The Diana Award
Deadline: The deadline to nominate someone for a 2020 Diana Award is 23:59 on 12th, March, 2020
Funding details link: Click to view
● Each Diana Award recipient who is based in the UK will be invited to a local Award Ceremony. Each recipient will be presented with a personalised Diana Award certificate and celebrated with their peers. If they are unable to attend the certificate will be sent to you by post.
● For those based outside of the UK, they will be celebrated virtually on International Ceremony Day, on 12th August each year.
● UK based Diana Award Holders are also presented with an invitation to Althorp House, Princess Diana’s childhood home. These invitations are gifted to Diana Award Holders in kind by Princess Diana’s brother Earl Spencer in recognition of their continuation of Diana’s legacy.
● All Award Holders will also be given access to our Development Programme which aims to support Award Holders to further their social impact, alongside personal and professional development.
● If your nomination is successful for the Legacy Award your young person will be invited to the Bi-annual Legacy Awards Ceremony in London. They will also be invited to join our unique Legacy Award Development Programme.
● If your nomination is successful, you will receive a resource pack to help you contact local press, MP and host an award celebration to recognise your inspirational Award Holder via email.
● Your organisation’s name will also be displayed in The Diana Award Roll of Honour and all of The Diana Award’s press releases related to successful Diana Award nominations for that year.
Special Notes: Please contact with the donor directly for further clarification and understanding.
Project start date: N//A
Project duration: N//A
Eligible organization: As below
● In order to be eligible for The Diana Award, nominees must be aged between 9 and 25 and have been carrying out their activities for a minimum of 12 months.
● Nominators must know the young person in a professional capacity, i.e. teacher, youth worker. Nominations made by family members will not be accepted.
Your Diana Award Nomination may be unsuccessful in several instances examples as follows:
● If the nominee do not comply with the set criteria e.g. fall outside of the age bracket or have not been carrying out sustained activity for a period of 12 months
● If any of the answers to the questions within the nomination form do not pass the scoring process carried out by the judging panel e.g. if there is not clear evidence of the impact the nominee has had on their community.
● The nomination is submitted by a family member.
Eligible Country: No country bar found (Open to all regions)
Submission mail: Not found
How to apply: Interested applicant may apply through the website (Click to view).
Facebook page-Fund for Bangladesh