Funding brief: The Public Health Foundation of India (PHFI) welcomes applications for an 18-month fellowship programme on “Strengthening Gender Equity and Intersectionality” in Health Policy and Systems Research (HPSR). The fellowship aims to build skills in research, networking and leadership for early career researchers working in the broad area of HPSR. Early career researchers from a range of disciplines including public health, medicine and allied disciplines, environmental studies, humanities and social sciences, law and other relevant background may apply, subject to the eligibility criteria detailed below. Half of the total number of fellowships will support researchers whose work focusses on fragile and conflict affected areas. The fellowship is offered by the Ramalingaswami Centre on Equity and Social Determinants of Health (RCESDH) , a Centre of Excellence under the Public Health Foundation of India (PHFI), in collaboration with the United Nations University – International Institute for Global Health (UNU-IIGH) 3 , Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
Potential benefits of this fellowship
– Identifying interesting research problems, including inter alia on conflict affected and fragile areas, which involve interactions between gender power, health systems and marginality in the SEARO region
– Conceptualising and implementing research projects based on the above
– Ongoing mentoring support
– Submission of draft research papers on the basis of the project
– Network, cultivating research leadership, and strengthening of research communication skills
Donor Name: Public Health Foundation of India (PHFI)
Funding name: Research Fellowship Programme
Deadline: Application deadline: 31st, July, 2019 at 11.59 PM Indian Standard Time
Funding details link: Click to view
●The fellowship is a competitive award that will cover the cost of fees for the course, partial living expenses, specified research costs, travel to the training programme and planned field visits.
● Participants will receive a Certificate on successful completion of all components of the fellowship programme.
Special Notes: Please contact with the donor directly for further clarification and understanding.
Project start date: Fellowship Start Date: 01st, October, 2019
Project duration: The duration of the fellowship is 18 months.
Eligible organization: As below
● Selection of fellows will be on the basis of demonstrable prior academic performance and assessment of research potential. Selected candidates must have at least a Master’s degree from a recognised university or equivalent qualification. Early career professionals with degrees in public health, medicine and allied disciplines, environmental studies, humanities and social sciences, law and other relevant background are invited to apply. Candidates whose research focusses on fragile and conflict affected areas are strongly encouraged to apply.
● Post-graduate work experience in health related areas will be an advantage. Preference will be given to candidates with higher degrees (MPhil, DPhil, PhD, DrPH).
Eligible Country: Citizens from SEARO countries: Bangladesh, Bhutan, Democratic People’s Republic of Korea, India, Indonesia, Maldives, Myanmar, Nepal, Sri Lanka, Thailand, Timor-Leste, are eligible to apply.
Submission mail: email@example.com
Applications must include
1. A completed application form (Form can be downloaded at www.phfi.org)
2. A photograph (in jpeg format)
3. A detailed CV with description of research and work experience
4. Copies of research outputs and publications
5. Two reference letters emailed by referees directly to firstname.lastname@example.org
6. A TOEFL/IELTS academic score emailed directly from TOEFL/IELTS to email@example.com
7. A declaration form (enclosed in the application form) signed, scanned, converted to PDF
● All typed documents must be in font size 12 with 1.5 line spacing and in PDF format.
● 1,2,3,4,and 7 must be submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line RMI
● Application_<Name of the Candidate>. Please note that incomplete applications and applications sent via post /courier will not be accepted. Women and minorities, are especially encouraged to apply.
Facebook page-Fund for Bangladesh