Funding brief: Getty Scholar Grants are for established scholars, or writers who have attained distinction in their fields. Recipients are in residence at the Getty Research Institute or Getty Villa, where they pursue their own projects free from academic obligations, make use of Getty collections, join their colleagues in a weekly meeting devoted to an annual research theme, and participate in the intellectual life of the Getty.
The Getty Scholar programs aim to fill a need for opportunities for senior-level professionals, fellows, scholars and writers to pursue research on topics that bring new knowledge and fresh perspectives to their field. While in residence, Scholars participate in the intellectual life of the Getty, making use of research collections at the Getty Center and Villa, and in the greater Los Angeles area. They also become active participants in the cultural life of the city.
Donor Name: The Getty Foundation
Funding name: Getty Scholar Grants
Deadline: The next deadline to submit an application for this grant is October, 1st, 2019 (5:00 p.m. PT).
Funding details link: Click to view
Funding limit: Getty Scholars may be in residence from three to nine months:
● Three-month residency: September to December, January to April, April to June: $17,200
● Six-month residency: September to April, January to June: $42,000
● Nine-month residency: September to June: $65,000
Please see important information about the terms of these grants here
● The grant also includes an office at the Getty Research Institute or the Getty Villa, an apartment in the Getty scholar housing complex, airfare to and from Los Angeles, and available healthcare option. These terms apply as of June 2019 and are subject to future changes.
Special Notes: Please contact with the donor directly for further clarification and understanding.
Project start date: Not Found
Project duration: Not Found
Eligible organization: As below
● Applications are welcome from researchers of all nationalities who are working in the arts, humanities, or social sciences.
● Applicants who received their degree after September 1, 2015, should apply for a postdoctoral fellowship.
● Current Getty staff and members of their immediate family are not eligible for Scholar Grants. Recent recipients who have received a Getty Scholar award within the past three years may be removed from consideration.
Eligible Country: No Country Bar Found (Open to all regions)
Submission mail: Not found
How to apply: Interested applicant may apply through the website (Click to view).
● Applicants are required to complete and submit the online Getty Scholar grant application form, along with the attachments described below, by the deadline.
● Project Proposal: Each application must include a description of the applicant’s proposed plan for study and research (not to exceed five pages, typed and double-spaced). The description should indicate (1) how the project bears upon the scholar year theme and (2) how the project would be advanced by the resources at the Getty, including its library and collections.
● Curriculum Vitae
● Optional Writing Sample
Facebook page-Fund for Bangladesh