Funding brief: The Common Fund for Commodities (CFC) provides a range of financial and technical instruments to support projects proposed by enterprises, cooperatives and institutions along the entire commodity value chain in its member countries. These activities cover all segments of the value chain (including production, processing, financing, marketing etc.). This includes services and support functions, that help all participants in the process of value generation to improve the economic, social and environmental well-being of its poorest participants at the bottom of the pyramid.
The support is offered mainly through loans, including financing of equipment’s and meeting needs for working capital. The CFC seeks applications of projects that have reached a state of economic, social and environmental sustainability. These applications should clearly show operational and financial viability, with a proven track record.
Project proposals that incorporate innovative solutions for the commodity sector (e.g. new agritech applications, increase availability of renewable and affordable energy, expanding environmental service) are especially expected to be submitted.
OBJECTIVES OF CFC’S PROJECT FINANCING
● CFC supports activities which promote the contribution of the commodity sector to achieving the SDGs in CFC member countries including the following aspects:
(i) Social: Create employment (particularly for youth and women), provide sustained increase in household incomes, reduce poverty, and enhance food security.
(ii) Economic: Enhance production and productivity, achieve higher local value addition; improve competitiveness of producers, producer organisations and small and medium sized industries, support the financial sector development.
(iii) Environmental: Enhance production taking into account the environment and its longterm possibilities for the same, or increased use of productive resources while maintaining or reducing the impact on the environment.
The CFC supports implementation of activities along the value chain that:
– are innovative, scalable and replicable,
– are financially sustainable,- have a potential measurable positive socio-economic and environmental impact on the stakeholders in commodity value chains as compared to the prevailing baseline situation,
– develop stronger connections with existing markets or create new markets along the value chain,
– increase financial or other services available for commodity producers and commodity based businesses,
– enhance knowledge generation and information dissemination,
– build effective and cost-efficient collaboration between producers, industry, governments, civil society organisations and other stakeholders for commodity based development, and
– enhance the efficiency and effectiveness of agricultural value chains inter alia including climate change and energy related sensitive components as appropriate.
Donor Name: Common Fund For Commodity
Funding name: Funding Innovation – Support For Commodity Development
Deadline: All interested parties are kindly invited to submit qualifying proposals no later than 15th, October, 2019.
Funding details link: Click to view
Funding limit: The amount of finance requested from CFC should not exceed 50% of the total amount required to execute the project. The balancing amount of co-financing is to be provided by the applicant and/or by other co-financiers. Such co-financing should be relative to the new funding requirement.
Special Notes: Please contact with the donor directly for further clarification and understanding.
Project start date: Not Found
Project duration: Not Found
Eligible organization: As below
Eligibility: All legal public and private entities are eligible to apply under this Call for Proposals, provided they:
– operate in commodity value chains in CFC member countries or provide financial services to micro, small and medium sized businesses operating in these value chains,
– have a proven relevant track record of sound financial operations in their current and / or proposed activities over a period of at least 3 years, which can be documented by means of (audited) financial statements, and
– share CFC’s values, including internationally recognized principles concerning human rights, labour, the environment and anti-corruption as reflected in the United Nations Global Compact. The amount of finance requested from CFC should not exceed 50% of the total amount required to execute the project. The balancing amount of co-financing is to be provided by the applicant and/or by other co-financiers. Such co-financing should be relative to the new funding requirement for the (investment) project. Sunk cost are not eligible to be considered as a financial contribution.A thorough assessment of the co-financing available will form part of CFC’s final due diligence verification.
Eligible Country: The CFC provides a range of financial and technical instruments in support of business activities contributing to commodity sector development in Developing Countries.
The CFC is inviting applications for support of commodity development activities in its member countries1). Interested organizations are requested to submit their applications in the prescribed format.
Afghanistan, Algeria, Angola, Argentina, Bangladesh, Benin, Bhutan, Botswana, Brazil, Bulgaria, Burkina aso, Burundi, Cameroon, Cabo Verde Central African Republic, Chad,, China, Colombia, Comoros, Congo, Costa Rica, Côte d’Ivoire, Cuba, Democratic People’s Republic of Korea, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Denmark, Djibouti, Ecuador, Egypt, Equatorial Guinea, Eswatini, Ethiopia, Finland, Gabon, Gambia, Germany, Ghana, Greece, Guatemala, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Haiti, Honduras, India, Indonesia, Iraq, Ireland, Italy, Jamaica, Kenya, Kuwait, Lao People’s Democratic Republic, Lesotho , Madagascar, Malawi, Malaysia, Maldives, Mali, Mauritania, Mexico, Morocco, Mozambique, Myanmar, Nepal, Netherlands, Nicaragua, Niger, Nigeria, Norway, Pakistan, Papua New Guinea, Peru, Philippines
, Portugal, Republic of Korea, Russian Federation, Rwanda, Samoa, Sao Tome and Principe, Saudi Arabia, Senegal, Sierra Leone, Singapore, Somalia, Spain, Sri Lanka, Sudan, Sweden, Syrian Arab Republic, Thailand, Togo, Trinidad and Tobago, Tunisia, Uganda, United Arab Emirates, United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland, United Republic of Tanzania, Venezuela (Bolivarian Republic of), Yemen, Zambia, Zimbabwe
Submission mail: email@example.com
Other important link:
● Guideline: Click to view and Click to view
● Form (Proposal): PDF (Click to view), Word (Click to view)
● Form (Budget-Balance Sheet and Income Statement) Click to view
● About: Click to view
How to apply: PLEASE SUBMIT THE COMPLETED APPLICATION FORM AND ANY SUPPLEMENTARY DOCUMENTS TO firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail addressed to the Managing Director, Common Fund for Commodities, P.O. Box 74656, 1070 BR, Amsterdam, The Netherlands PLEASE DO NOT SUBMIT THIS DOCUMENT TO THE CFC WITH THE APPLICATION CFC does not charge any fees during the application stage. However, on approval of CFC financing, successful proponents are expected to cover a fair share of the applicable legal and due diligence costs in connection with the applicability and use of the CFC financing.
Facebook page-Fund for Bangladesh