Funding brief: Since the first award in 1990 the Volvo Environment Prize has become one of the scientific world’s most respected environmental prizes.
Laureates represent all fields of environmental and sustainability studies and initiatives.
The Volvo Environment Prize is awarded by an independent foundation. A Scientific Committee does the initial screening and evaluation of candidates. The International Prize Jury, a group of internationally renowned scientists, makes the final selection of prize laureate.
The Volvo Environment Prize is awarded annually.
There are many outstanding biologists and environmental scientists among the laureates but the scope of the award is wide. The idea is to promote scientific research and innovations that in broad terms fall within the environmental and sustainability field. So previous laureates also include economists, urban development experts, energy specialists, poverty adversaries and many others who are exploring the path to sustainability.
Donor Name: The Volvo Environment Prize Foundation
Funding name: The Volvo Environment Prize
Deadline: The award ceremony is in Stockholm in November each year. The nomination period for the award 2019 is closed. Nominations for the award 2020 are accepted. To be considered, nominations must be submitted by January, 10th. 2020.
Funding details link: Click to view
Funding limit: The Prize consists of a hand-crafted diploma, a glass sculpture and a cash award for SEK 1.5 million (approximately EUR 145,000 or USD 167,000).
Special Notes: Please contact with the donor directly for further clarification and understanding.
Project start date: N//A
Project duration: N//A
Eligible organization: As below
Eligibility: Laureates represent all fields of environmental and sustainability studies and initiatives.
Eligible Country: No Country Bar Found (Open to all regions)
Submission mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
How to apply: If you prefer you may send the nomination by e-mail to: email@example.com
● If you prefer you may send the nomination by post to: The Volvo Environment Prize Foundation, c/o Christina Leijonhufvud, The Royal Swedish Academy of Sciences Box 50005, SE-104 05 Stockholm, Sweden
Nominations must include the following:
● A short letter of motivation
● A detailed description of the research the nominee has conducted and how it adds to our knowledge around environmental science. Main achievements and their importance should be emphasized.
Emphasis must also be placed on the impacts of the research outside of the particular discipline e.g. impacts on policy development, impacts on sustainability and/or contribution to changed behaviour.
● CV of the nominee + list of published paper/s and links if available.
● Letter/s of reference. Maximum 3 letters written by someone other than the nominator.
● Nominations should be submitted in English using the official form available at environment-prize.com. When not feasible, please contact the secretariat firstname.lastname@example.org
● When submitting nominations for a group of named individuals please send one nomination for each person (maximum 3 persons) and specify in the description of achievements that the nomination is for a shared prize.
● A nomination remains valid for three years.
● Please note that self-nominations are not accepted.
Facebook page-Fund for Bangladesh