Funding brief: The Research Grant Programme financially supports academic and scientific research that will deepen knowledge of the nature conservation in developing countries in the Asia-Pacific region. With the aim of strengthening research capacity of young researchers in that region, grants are available only for individual researchers, but not for groups/teams, to enhance their skills, knowledge, and experience through their own research work.
Examples of the research fields SUPPORTED in the past:
Ecology, taxonomy, distribution, and current status of wildlife;
Biodiversity (e.g., species diversity, genetic diversity, ecosystem diversity);
Wild flora and fauna;
Gathering information on threatened species and for recovery of ecosystem;
Relationships between nature and humans (e.g., mutual interference, sustainable use of natural resources);
Economic valuation of natural environment; etc.
Examples of the projects DECLINED in the past:
Project lacking the viewpoint of nature conservation;
Project aiming to develop agricultural, forestry, and/or fisheries industries;
Project focusing on pollution problems;
Project focusing on conducting public awareness activities;
Project to be discussed and concluded only from interview results and/or reference;
Project unable to be handled by an individual researcher but by a large group of researchers; etc.
Donor Name: Nagao Natural Environment Foundation (NEF)
Funding name: Research Grant Programme
Deadline: Application deadlines for this year are twice a year: 12th, April, 2019 and 14th, October, 2019.
Funding details link: Click to view
Funding limit: The maximum grant size in this programme is 500,000 Japanese yen per project for a maximum duration of two year.
Special Notes: Please contact with the donor directly for further clarification and understanding.
Project start date: Not Found
Project duration: Two years
Eligible organization: As below
Eligibility: An applicant must:
● Be a national of developing country in the Asia-Pacific region (see 3. Target countries and regions below);
● Be a researcher/scientist, who works full-time or is enrolled in a doctoral course, conducting research at a research institution or relevant organisation in one of the target countries listed in 3. Target countries and regions below;
● Have sufficient experience and skills in conducting and managing the proposed research;
● Be able to communicate in English;
● Not have another application to the NEF; AND
● Not have another on-going research or publication project funded by the NEF at the time of application submission.
A proposed research project must:
● Be a scientific research contributing to the NATURE CONSERVATION of the country where the applicant currently works or studies;
● Put its main focus on LIVING ORGANISMS;
● Be carried out in the country where the applicant currently works or studies;
● Involve fieldwork for collecting data;
● Be applicant’s own research work (team projects are ineligible.);
● Achieve its objective(s) and submit reports within one to two years as scheduled; AND
● Be exclusively funded by the NEF Research Grant Programme, or co-funded with the applicant’s institution.
Eligible Country: The target countries in the Asia-Pacific region include: Bangladesh, Bhutan, Cambodia, Fiji, Indonesia, Kiribati, Lao PDR, Malaysia, Maldives, Marshall Islands, Micronesia, Mongolia, Myanmar, Nauru, Nepal, Palau, Papua New Guinea, the Philippines, Samoa, Solomon Islands, Sri Lanka, Thailand, Timor-Leste, Tonga, Tuvalu, Vanuatu, and Vietnam.
Submission mail: email@example.com
How to apply: All documents (a completed application form and a recommendation letter) should be submitted to the NEF Secretariat by e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org ).
● Application form submitted to NEF will be checked for plagiarism, so please submit the file in MS WORD.
● Applicants are required to submit i) a completed application form and ii) a recommendation letter.
Facebook page-Fund for Bangladesh