Funding brief: The Millennium Technology Prize highlights the extensive impact of science and innovation on the well-being of society. The Prize is one million euros and awarded every second year by Technology Academy Finland, an independent foundation.
The Millennium Technology Prize is awarded for groundbreaking technological innovations that benefit millions of people around the world by:
● Enhancing quality of life
● Promoting sustainable development and mitigation of climate change
● Generating applications with global commercial viability
● Creating new socioeconomic value
● Stimulating further cutting-edge research and development in science and technology
The Millennium Technology Prize, first awarded in 2004, was established jointly by the Republic of Finland and various academic institutions and high-tech industries. The Patron of the Prize is the President of the Republic of Finland.
The Millennium Technology Prize encourages further cutting-edge research and development and is thus not intended as a reward for lifetime achievement. The Prize highlights the Finnish practical and solution-focused mindset – one of the greatest strengths of Finland – to the whole world.
In a global world, people’s lives are affected by common problems and solutions. It is therefore also essential that a Finnish prize can be awarded to anywhere in the world. Nominations for the Prize can be made by science academies, universities, research institutes and industrial organizations.
Nominations from around the world are invited, from all fields of technology, excluding military technology. Special emphasis is placed on proposals related to: energy and the environment; life sciences, including health and food; information and communications technology and smart systems; and new materials, processes and manufacturing.
The Millennium Technology Prize is awarded for groundbreaking technological innovations that benefit millions of people around.
Donor Name: Technology Academy Finland (TAF)
Funding name: 2020 Millennium Technology Prize
Deadline: The call for 2020 Millennium Technology Prize nominations is open from 1st, April to 31st, July, 2019 at 23.59 Finnish time (EEST).
Funding details link: Click to view
Funding limit: Not found
Special Notes: Please contact with the donor directly for further clarification and understanding.
Project start date: N//A
Project duration: N//A
Eligible organization: As below
● Nominations for the Prize are invited from organizations around the world and from all fields of technology, excluding military technology.
● The Millennium Technology Prize can be awarded to an individual or to a team of any nationality. All individuals who deserve the Millennium Technology Prize for the proposed innovation must be named in the nomination. The Prize is intended for innovators in the active stage of their careers.
● Nominations are invited from organizations such as universities, research institutes, academies of science and technology, companies and industries.
Eligible Country: No Country Bar Found (Open to all regions)
Submission mail: Not found
How to apply: Interested applicant may apply through the website (Click to view).
● Self-nominations are not accepted.
● All nomination materials are to be provided in English
Facebook page-Fund for Bangladesh