Funding brief: The Board has earmarked 50% of the annual appropriations through 2020 (i.e. half of annual expected grants of NOK 30 mill, equaling USD 3,5 mill) for projects related to Saving Lives at Birth.
The support will be focused on practically oriented projects helping achieve the UN Sustainability Goal no 3 (that in 2015 replaced the previous MDGs 4 and 5), aiming at
● Reducing infant and child mortality by 2/3 from 2010 to 2030
● Reducing maternal deaths by 2/3 from 2010 to 2030
The Board particularly welcomes applications relating to:
● Innovative approaches to more efficient education and implementation
● Collaborative initiatives, such as the Helping Babies Survive and Helping Mothers Survive and Survive & Thrive Global Development Alliances
Projects in selected focus countries; Tanzania, Ethiopia, Malawi, Bangladesh, India, Nepal
Donor Name: Laerdal Foundation
Funding name: No specific fund name
Deadline: Regular application deadlines are April 1st and October 1st each year.
Funding details link: Click to view
Funding limit: The Board expects to fund up to 20 projects per year, with up to USD 50,000.- per award. Higher amounts than this may be awarded to regional initiatives, or particular educational or collaborative initiatives.
The regular application form should also be used for applications in the Saving Lives at Birth category. For more significant initiatives, applying for an amount beyond USD 50,000.- it may be practical to first submit a Concept Proposal to the Foundation. There is no particular form for this, but the proposal should be limited to a maximum of 6 pages.
Project start date: Not Found
Project duration: Not Found
Eligible organization: As below
Eligibility: The following is not fundable by the Foundation-
In general, any Project that is not addressing the description of Strategy 2020. Moreover; applications that
● Lack a clear hypothesis and a well considered methodology
● Bring nothing new
● Are of local interest only
● Are considered to be ethically questionable
● Relate to a commercial initiative
● Are received from a PI/Group that has received another grant (incl Center of Excellence or Program grants) within the previous 12 month periode
● Lacking reports on previously received grants to the same applicant
● Are considered to have a very unrealistic budget, or little chances of getting required additional funding from other sources
Eligible Country: Tanzania, Ethiopia, Malawi, Bangladesh, India, Nepal
Submission mail: email@example.com
How to apply: Applications should be forwarded to the following e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
● The Board prefers applications to be written in English. However, applications in Norwegian, Swedish and Danish will also be accepted.
● Your budget should be specified in USD, Euro or a Scandinavian currency. It is important for all applicants to identify which currency is used in their application.
● A signed an scanned copy of your application (including any attachments) should be sent to the Foundation e-mail address: email@example.com
● Supporting documents may alternatively be sent via post to:Laerdal Foundation
P.O. Box 556, Sentrum, 4003 Stavanger
Facebook page-Fund for Bangladesh