Funding brief: At the 2019 Global Entrepreneurship Summit, Advisor to the President Ivanka Trump and USAID Deputy Administrator Bonnie Glick announced the second round of the WomenConnect Challenge under the White House-led Women’s Global Development and Prosperity (W-GDP) initiative. W-GDP is a U.S. Government wide effort to economically empower 50 million women in the developing world by 2025. By investing in women, USAID is enabling countries to progress beyond assistance by unlocking human potential on a transformational scale. USAID will disburse approximately three grants globally.
The W-GDP WomenConnect Challenge seeks to bridge the gender digital divide so that women can fully participate in the global economy. Winning solutions will support the W-GDP’s three Pillars:
● Women Prospering in the Workforce: Increase women’s global labor force participation and advancement in the workplace by providing women with quality education, training, and support, so they can secure and thrive in well-paying jobs in their local economies.
● Women Succeeding as Entrepreneurs: Increase the access of women entrepreneurs and business owners to financing, market opportunities, and training to establish and grow their businesses.
● Women Enabled in the Economy: Promote an enabling environment that increases women’s economic empowerment by reducing barriers and enhancing protections in policies, laws, regulations and practices (public and private) to facilitate women’s participation in the economy.
Donor Name: USAID
Funding name: Women’s Global Development and Prosperity Initiative Womenconnect Challenge
● Deadline for submission of RFA Questions: July, 8th, 2019 at 5:30pm ET
● Deadline for submission of Application: August, 6th, 2019 at 12:00pm ET
Funding details link: Click to view
Funding limit: During Round Two of the W-GDP WomenConnect Challenge, Digital Frontiers anticipates disbursing approximately three grants in award funding globally, ranging from $500,000 – $1,000,000.
Project start date: Not Found
Project duration: The period of performance for each award is up to 24 months.
Eligible organization: As below
Eligibility: The W-GDP WomenConnect Challenge is open to registered US or non-US organizations regardless of type (for example: for profit, not-for-profit, civic groups and others). For-profit Applicants must be willing to forego profit per 2 CFR 700.13.
The following are not eligible:
● Government entities
Eligible Country: No Country Bar Found (Open to all regions)
Submission mail: Not found
How to apply: Interested applicant may apply through the website (Click to view).
Facebook page-Fund for Bangladesh