Funding brief: The Small Grant is designed for short (12- to 18-month) and small (grants average US$5,000) projects dedicated to early career scientists (within five years of a degree being awarded). Aimed at original and innovative start-up projects, the grant presents early career scientists, conservationists or educators with an opportunity to prove themselves. It targets local projects conducted by local project leaders. Whether or not the project is part of a larger endeavour, SOSF Small Grants are for specific and finite projects. Only projects concerned with marine chondrichthyan species (sharks, rays, skates, sawfishes and chimaeras) will be considered.
A special call is aimed at supporting projects that promote the recovery of sawfishes, wedgefish and guitarfish. However, any chondrichthyan projects are welcomed.
Donor Name: Save Our Seas Foundation (SOSF)
Funding name: The Small Grant
Deadline: Grant applications must be submitted through the SOSF website no later than 31 July 2019 (stage I) and 30 September 2019 (stage 2) at 18:00 CET (Central European Time).
Funding details link: Click to view
Funding limit: The Save Our Seas Foundation invites applications for small projects up to US$10,000 (with grants averaging US$5,000) for the period March 2020 to February 2021.
Project start date: March, 2020
Project duration: 12- to 18-month
Eligible organization: As below
Eligibility: Early career scientists (within five years of a degree being awarded)
Eligible Country: No Country Bar Found (Open to all regions)
Submission mail: Not found
How to apply: Interested applicant may apply through the website (Click to view).
● Dates should all be in the format dd/mm/yyyy and the currency used in this application is US$.
● Please note that it won’t be possible to alter the applications after submission.
● Format for documents For the naming of annex documents please use the following structure for the file name: [first four letters of project leader surname][first four letters of project subject]_smallgrant2020[document type].[document extension] For example, the budget document for a project on Chimaera conservation submitted by Dr Jones would be titled: jone_chim_smallgrant2020_budget.doc. All files submitted with the online application form should be identified in the same way (e.g. jone_chim_smallgrant2020_cv.pdf; jone_chim_smallgrant2020_cover letter.jpg; etc.).
● Completing the form – Stage I Project applicant and organization Information They will consider only one grant application from each project leader. If your application has more than one leader, please name the individual who will execute the project. Their organization and/or institute (if any) may not be the organization most closely involved in the project, and projects do not have to be run through an institute.
● Application form
● Budget (PDF format) Please use the SOSF Excel spreadsheet to present how the funds requested will be spent, including major items of capital expenditure.
● Project leader’s CV (PDF format)
Stage II (Invitation only)
● This application form
● Cover letter, dated and signed by the project leader (the individual named on the first page)
● Scan of letter from the project supervisor/advisor
● Recent high-resolution photograph of the applicant or project leader
Facebook page-Fund for Bangladesh